Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > CMP Rules
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgman View Post
As you noted, the question is just how far can one deviate and still be within the intent of the match.
That, to me, is the unclear part. I'm sure if you ask the CMP you'll get an answer but I don't think the true intent has made it out to the competitors and into the rulebook.
NRA - XTC HP Expert
16 down / 14 to go!
Old 07-28-2017, 12:38 PM

For what it's worth, I got this response to my email about the trigger issue a little while ago. It confirms the response someone else posted previously.

A two-stage trigger is legal for the Modern Military Match.

Thanks,

Michelle Woods
Thanks for your continued support of the CMP.
Customer Service/Program Support
[email protected]
419 635-2141 ext.722
Old 07-28-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgman View Post
I'm a bit confused by the unlimited class, too. Do unlimited shooters qualify for awards? If an unlimited class shooter posted the highest score, would he be the match winner? Are the unlimited shooters awarded medals and, if so, how do they establish the cut scores for unlimited shooters?
When I was getting squadding for the afternoon relay, one of the CMP staff was telling a guy from the morning relay that they would determine the medal scores for the unlimited class after all the results were in. I think because the 2016 match only had four unlimited shooters, they probably decided that was too small a sample size to establish cut scores from. They told him to check in with the Welcome Center later to see if he had a medal coming.

I expect that next year's rule book will have the unlimited medal scores in it, based on this year's match.

There is a separate category for unlimited on the results page, but it doesn't say what the medal scores are. I'm sure someone more ambitious than me could do the math, and come pretty close.

I don't think an unlimited shooter shooting the highest score would be considered the match winner, same as As-Issued vs. Unlimited Garand. Just as there, they will probably be treated as two separate matches, shot at the same time.

Notably, this year the match winner beat the unlimited winner by 1 point, the difference coming in off-hand. Though the unlimited guy had way more X's. (The 2016 winner beat the top unlimited shooter by 19 points and 4 X's.)
Old 07-28-2017, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

From the Rule Book on establishing the cut scores:
"3.9.1 Achievement Award Calculations
Achievement Award cut-scores are determined on the basis of previous National CMP Games Matches scores. Gold, Silver and Bronze Achievement Awards are presented to approximately the top 40 percent of all competitors.

Achievement Award scores are calculated so that approximately the top one-sixth of the top 40 percent of all competitors receive gold awards, the next two-sixths receive silver awards and the remaining three-sixths receive bronze awards."

"The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds."--Will Durant
Old 08-03-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGaskill View Post
From the Rule Book on establishing the cut scores:
"3.9.1 Achievement Award Calculations
Achievement Award cut-scores are determined on the basis of previous National CMP Games Matches scores. Gold, Silver and Bronze Achievement Awards are presented to approximately the top 40 percent of all competitors.

Achievement Award scores are calculated so that approximately the top one-sixth of the top 40 percent of all competitors receive gold awards, the next two-sixths receive silver awards and the remaining three-sixths receive bronze awards."
Thanks for the explanation! Can I assume that this formula is used separately for both classes of rifles (standard and unlimited)? Is this also the case with both classifications (bolt and semi-auto) in the Vintage Sniper Rifle Match?