Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2017, 09:06 AM

A side note on the e-target monitors

One problem I have observed is with the position of the monitor while shooting. We have seen many new and old shooters break a shot and jump off the rifle to look for the mark. I have pointed this out to a lot of people during slow fire sighting period and their groups showed it.
One of my new guys (not at a match) was so bad I took the monitor away and called his shots to get him settled down
I put the monitor to my left where the scope normally sits. Shoot, settle then look.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
Take a look:
My 1st time using them I thought I'd have questions; after 2 shots I realized I had NO questions.
In a match I am pretty sure the ROs will manage the targets (lower 200 and raise 300, etc.), so you just shoot.
Here is the deal:
You shoot, hit the target. Shot 1 (top right) will be filled in and you will see the shot on the target. Shoot again ans #2 is filled in, all the statistics update and of course shot 2 appears on the target. I don't know how fast you can shoot, but probably faster than you can, or will be able to shoot. At the end of every 10 shots take a pic with your phone, the screen will reset for the next string. I think there is a way to go back and see the strings, I never bothered to try.
Couldn't be easier.
There are buttons outside of this view, they access the menus; you can change the target image, change from 200-300-600, etc. No need to push any, it will work best if you leave it alone. Again, the RO will probably manage all the functions in a match.
The 31 in the top left is the target number.

IMG_2034 by John Hassard, on Flickr

Here is what I was shooting that day. A coworker is trying to skip out of the office this Wednesday for a repeat performance.....

IMG_2035 by John Hassard, on Flickr

JH
I am confused about the scoring in this picture. That looks like 1 - x, 6 - 10, 3 - 9, so a score of 97, 1x, but the score looks like a 95.

Do the scores round up/down? So the 9.4 rounds down to 9, the 9 is a 9, and the 8.9 rounds up to 9?

And a 10.5 or higher would round up to an X?
Old 08-29-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOhio View Post
I am confused about the scoring in this picture. That looks like 1 - x, 6 - 10, 3 - 9, so a score of 97, 1x, but the score looks like a 95.

Do the scores round up/down? So the 9.4 rounds down to 9, the 9 is a 9, and the 8.9 rounds up to 9?

And a 10.5 or higher would round up to an X?
There's no X in the picture the 10.9 is .1 from being an X. The scores don't round up or down. A 9.9 is a nine, that was just a hair away from breaking the line and being a 10. A 9.1 is .2 from being an 8. It's just showing the the precise value/location of the shot.

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
Old 08-29-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
There's no X in the picture the 10.9 is .1 from being an X. The scores don't round up or down. A 9.9 is a nine, that was just a hair away from breaking the line and being a 10. A 9.1 is .2 from being an 8. It's just showing the the precise value/location of the shot.
Yes, what Craftsman said, plus it started life as a Mosin Nagant; holding the black at 300 is fine, no need to look for X's

The 1 decimal place scoring took a moment to get used to, but as said, you use the base score, not the decimal.
JH
Old 08-29-2017, 08:38 PM

Have they added a .30 cal bullet hole profile? I know it was only measuring the center of the hit at one time.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
Ok, now I understand what I am seeing. I was thinking the circle was the diameter of the bullet. That is a 300 yard target... The hit circles are the 2 inch scoring indicator, not a .3 inch hole.

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOhio View Post
Ok, now I understand what I am seeing. I was thinking the circle was the diameter of the bullet. That is a 300 yard target... The hit circles are the 2 inch scoring indicator, not a .3 inch hole.

Thanks.
Yes.... that is the best way to look at it.
Yes.... you can select 223 or 30 caliber............ though in a match they set it for you.