Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2017, 08:33 AM

Default is this guy a member here

i had a pm reply to a listing, the user wanted to buy, but couldn't post on my listing, so i posted for him. i went to the pm and clicked his name to see the user profile, and am not allowed, so i looked him up in the community listings of members, i cannot find him in there, is he real, or a scammer? his user name: removed, he turned out to be good to go, no need to take a chance of spoiling his name! , so much scamming anymore, i just want to be sure, i even did a member search, he is not there

Last edited by engine5; 10-01-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine5 View Post
i had a pm reply to a listing, the user wanted to buy, but couldn't post on my listing, so i posted for him. i went to the pm and clicked his name to see the user profile, and am not allowed, so i looked him up in the community listings of members, i cannot find him in there, is he real, or a scammer? his user name: chuck babin , so much scamming anymore, i just want to be sure, i even did a member search, he is not there
I've had transactions with new members who were not able to post yet. Asked the same question, but it went off fine.

He is buying, get his money, and sent the enblocs. Good money should not be a scam, especially for the amount involved.

Would be different if he was selling some high value item.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 09-06-2017, 09:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

I would assume he is a new member and has yet to receive full privileges to post and why your not allowed to view his profile....yet.
If you get your money from the sales, then I'm not sure how you can get scammed.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
I would assume he is a new member and has yet to receive full privileges to post and why your not allowed to view his profile....yet.
If you get your money from the sales, then I'm not sure how you can get scammed.
You can get scammed if he sends you a fake check that the bank doesn't realize is fake until AFTER you sent the item to him. I would be very suspicious about dealing with somebody who can post on here.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillies View Post
You can get scammed if he sends you a fake check that the bank doesn't realize is fake until AFTER you sent the item to him. I would be very suspicious about dealing with somebody who can post on here.
Since he's not accepting PC's I would think he will be fine....
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=215814

Then again he could always hold the check till it clears the bank.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
i had a pm reply to a listing, the user wanted to buy, but couldn't post on my listing, so i posted for him. i went to the pm and clicked his name to see the user profile, and am not allowed, so i looked him up in the community listings of members, i cannot find him in there, is he real, or a scammer? his user name: chuck babin , so much scamming anymore, i just want to be sure, i even did a member search, he is not there
He applied for an account but it has not yet been approved by admin, which is common. And why he can send a PM, but you can't find him on the community list.

Looking at his profile, I do not see any of the usual red flags indicating he's a spammer/scammer.
And the scammer's most often are trying to sell, i.e. - get money, rather than buy.

However, it's always good to wait until payment clears.

In your case Cam, I don't see any reason not to proceed with the transaction, though I would certainly wait to ship until whatever payment he sends clears the appropriate institution.

Rob

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Old 09-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Banned

Posting for someone else isn't a good look, you have no control of whatever he does and that can land you in trouble.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffox999 View Post
Posting for someone else isn't a good look, you have no control of whatever he does and that can land you in trouble.
He posted to his own listing that it was sold......
Quote:
enblocs sold chuck babin
What harm can come of that????
Old 09-06-2017, 07:45 PM

thanks to all, seems to be a good egg, who paid me quick, i was just curious why i couldnt find him, now i know, THANKS AGAIN!!!
Old 09-29-2017, 11:04 PM

Cash post office money orders before shipping,the post office has a UV device to check there MO's,seems some scammers are printing fake Postal money orders????I'm not saying a member here would be doing that,just a heads up.