Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2017, 11:00 PM

Thanks PH.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:18 AM

Default Saturday opening report

There were three customers at opening, which were Rob30.06 and crew!! If there is something special in the store that I missed I have complete confidence that they will find it and report on it. They are a very knowledgeable group..

Inventory remains about the same as reported yesterday, two 6 million SA's.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:34 AM

Thanks for the update. I'm sure the time spent with Rob & crew was informative and entertaining.
I guess I won't see Rob at the local gunshow today.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:36 PM

Default Saturday closing report

Nothing new to report, there were 67 rifles remaining of the 75 at opening. Inventory of types of rifles also remain about the same. 3/4 large box of 6.00 cotton slings.

Wish those in Florida the best!! It is my home state and still have family in Tampa.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i1afli View Post
Thanks for the update. I'm sure the time spent with Rob & crew was informative and entertaining.
I guess I won't see Rob at the local gunshow today.
Return to the show tomorrow, chances are he'll be there.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
There were three customers at opening, which were Rob30.06 and crew!! If there is something special in the store that I missed I have complete confidence that they will find it and report on it. They are a very knowledgeable group..

Inventory remains about the same as reported yesterday, two 6 million SA's.

Tom, Good to see you this morning even though I was pretty distracted by the rifles in the rack.
Not much pressure when you are the only guys in the store. We had time to examine each rifles merits in turn with no real urgency. I don't think another customer came in till after 10am.
We did find one gem hiding in the Winchesters.
We found Serial Number 1365351A. This must have been put out overnight as I cannot believe it would have survived previous shoppers.
I think it would be cool to find the SA mate to this.

It has a nice dark heel and what I believe was original finish. Lockbar (SA ty2) sights did not hurt much either.

It also had a small mod WRA op-Rod that also had what looked to be original finish.
CMP wood on this one.

Always wondered about these marked as matching serial numbers. I think having a cert attesting to the A etch is a good thing

Nothing else in the rack captured our attention though they still had my Win13 Rack Grade M1D. Still trying to warm up to the higher price for these and not really there yet.
They did have a few M1Ds (SG & FG) out that looked nice but I have enough of those to do me for a while.

Lot's of slings in the box, and I looked at them all. Ended up not buying any as they just did not speak to me wanting to go to my house.

Always the next trip to find more interesting rifles

Rob

Last edited by rob30-06; 09-09-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:48 PM

Default Rob30.06

Just as I stated before if anyone could find the hidden gem it would be Rob!!! He was right on target. Good find Rob.. Congratulations!!
Old 09-09-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
Just as I stated before if anyone could find the hidden gem it would be Rob!!! He was right on target. Good find Rob.. Congratulations!!
Aw shucks, just lucky.
My brother accused me of trying to get him to buy a scratched rifle before he found out what the A meant.
Rob
Old 09-09-2017, 06:12 PM

Thumbs up The big A

I've got two Winchesters in that serial number block. Neither one has the "A".
Good luck if you succumb to the lure of the chase.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
Yea, I do. Admitting it does not seem to help much.
This weekend though is mostly about my brother going with me so he can get a nice rifle, or two since he rarely gets to go.

Actually I do try to improve my collection all the time and maybe I'll see something I got to have.
I generally pass along rifles no longer needed in my collection for pretty close to my purchase price, so I don't feel there is any real harm, except to my annual buying limit.
I actually buy as many of these through other channels than the store or I would be in a constant state of withdrawl

For me it is less about the money and more about collecting the rifles and information
Rob I think I'm going down with a third cousin twice removed, a great aunt on my mother's side, and an ex-brother-in-law. They have all taken a great interest in Garands.
USAF
Clark Air Base, Philippines
1961-1964