Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > CMP Rules
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2017, 07:17 AM

I just received my selection of bands for K98 and K31 ...we will see what works.
As far as the sling hook/latch installed at the forward end of the 1907/web sling being legal or not if I ever get to a regional or the Nationals I will find out.
The rules do not specify by rifle it just states the 1907 or garand sling can not be installed with additional clips or hooks.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1911 View Post
I just received my selection of bands for K98 and K31 ...we will see what works.
As far as the sling hook/latch installed at the forward end of the 1907/web sling being legal or not if I ever get to a regional or the Nationals I will find out.
The rules do not specify by rifle it just states the 1907 or garand sling can not be installed with additional clips or hooks.
For a 98k, you need the barrel band that came from a Transitional G98 rifle since that is the only one that will work.

Now, if you want to rig the original design/configuration of the 1907 leather sling or USGI web sling that aint gonna fly.

For a foreign military or vintage military rifle that will be used for an "A" course, you have the option of using a 1907 leather sling or USGI web sling in its original configuration.

Look, for an "A" course with a foreign military or vintage military rifle, you only need to use the sling for rapid and slow prone and you don't need the 1907 leather sling or USGI web sling attached to the rifle for the standing event.

Just show up with a K31 at a Garand Clinic and have fun. Seriously, no need to wait for the regional or nationals to find that out. Just have fun.