Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > How To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2012, 06:56 PM

Photobucket also offers a simpler hosting site called tinypic. It's all that I use now.

http://tinypic.com/
Old 09-12-2012, 11:15 PM

there are a few selection for the code you can copy and paste...

when you get the line of code for you pix, that has
(ignore spacing, had to add so the forum doesnt think I'm trying to post a pix)
[ i m g ] w w w.photobucket.com/xxxxxxxx [ / i m g ]

just copy that entire line, and paste it into your posting... without using the little photo insert icon in the forum post editor.....

The only time to use that little icon .. is when all you have is the link to the photo, and it just inserts the " img " tags : [ i m g ] www. xxxxx .....jpg [ / i m g ] before and after the link for you....
but photobucket has a selection of the code with it there.. so when you copy it, just paste it into your posting, as if you were pasting a word or something.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:11 PM

Default Random question for the IT guys-

Greetings,

This may have been answered before or might be obvious to others, however I'm a paranoid type so:

Most times nowadays there is metadata imbedded within the pictures we take, to include location data. Supposing we post our pictures (from, let's say, my shop) is it possible for the evil-doers to decode lat-long of said shop?

Pretty sure most people would either stop posting pictures or never take them from their homes, etc.

What says the group?

Best,

Petrolero
Old 10-11-2014, 04:33 PM

http://www.labnol.org/software/exif-data-editors/14210/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolero View Post
Greetings,

This may have been answered before or might be obvious to others, however I'm a paranoid type so:

Most times nowadays there is metadata imbedded within the pictures we take, to include location data. Supposing we post our pictures (from, let's say, my shop) is it possible for the evil-doers to decode lat-long of said shop?

Pretty sure most people would either stop posting pictures or never take them from their homes, etc.

What says the group?

Best,

Petrolero
Old 10-11-2014, 04:59 PM

Ramit - thanks. I thought so.

Does anyone else realize that if you don't edit this info out, you're liable to be giving away GPS coordinates of your location?

Petrolero
Old 10-11-2014, 05:18 PM

some cameras do it, some don't.
Some phones do it, some don't.
But yup more so now a days than ever before.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:19 AM

Instead of going through the hassle of editing the metadata, it should be a lot easier to go into the camera setup and turn off GPS. If there isn't a GPS on/off switch, then the camera probably doesn't have that function.
The most glaring example of the cognitive dissonance on the left is the concept that human beings are inherently good, yet at the same time cannot be trusted with any kind of weapon, unless the magic fairy dust of government authority gets sprinkled upon them. Anon
Old 10-26-2014, 08:57 PM

Noticed a common problem with forums using this format. The software doesn't allow members with a low post count to display images directly in their posts. Instead you get the little image icons and readers need to open a new tab to view the pictures. Anyone know the arbitrary number of posts necessary before one gains full functionality?
Old 10-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWind View Post
Noticed a common problem with forums using this format. The software doesn't allow members with a low post count to display images directly in their posts. Instead you get the little image icons and readers need to open a new tab to view the pictures. Anyone know the arbitrary number of posts necessary before one gains full functionality?
As far as the forum and/or software, not aware of anything that restricts one from posting pictures from the git-go.
As discussed in post #9 by ramit, make sure your user CP is set to allow posting of attachments. If you still have issues, send me a PM.

Regards,
Rob

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Old 12-07-2014, 02:19 PM

Do you have to use a photo hosting site? Why can't use display photos stored in your computer directly? If this can be done, how?