Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andyman
    • May 2010

Yes, aimit, I read your opinion and understand that his son is not the legal purchaser. I understand that you believe they won't make an exception and you may be right, but your opinion is just that...an opinion. Given the CMP's long held mission to bring the shooting sports to youth, I think there is a very good chance the outcome might be different than you think and the OP's question is a good one.

My point is that instead of answering questions that only the CMP can fully answer as if we all know the answer without hearing it directly from them is pretty annoying to people asking legitimate questions. I think this is probably best answered by calling or answering customer service, as suggested, or waiting for a reply from an actual employee.
    Last edited by andyman; 10-10-2018, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• aimit
      • Oct 2009

CMP employees answer only about 20% of the questions posted here. The rest would go unanswered without non employees joining in with opinions to try to help. I have wondered for a long time why the "Ask CMP" forum exists, if the CMP is not going to answer each and every question instead of relying on non employees to try to answer to the best of their ability. The way the "Ask CMP" forum is structured at this time doesn't do much for us. I think we all read it hoping to learn something, but you are right, most of the time there is no legitimate answer, just speculation, which is just a waste of time.

Comment

• ZvenoMan
        • May 2011

Originally posted by andyman View Post
        You can legally purchase a weapon for your child and it is not considered a straw purchase. It is totally legit. It's crazy-I had no idea there were this many CMP employees on here able to answer this question that only a CMP employee can truthfully and fully answer.
        It's been asked and answered countless times.

CMP considers this section to be "Ask the CMP Community".

CMP employees and management have said over and over that they will not dedicate the staff to monitor this section and answer every question, especially ones that are asked every week or month.
        If you want a personal answer from a CMP employee then email or phone (not preferred, they are busy, and most of these questions are not emergencies needing an immediate answer) are your options.

No one has to like, or agree with this but this is the answer to "Why doesn't CMP answer...."

JH
        Zvenoman

Comment

• ZvenoMan
          • May 2011

Originally posted by andyman View Post
          I think this is probably best answered by calling or answering customer service, as suggested, or waiting for a reply from an actual employee.
          Search this subforum. How many threads include a comment or answer from a CMP employee. It's not 20%.
          It is what it is; if you want an answer from a CMP employee, especially for a question like this you may hope this is the 1 out of 22 threads that has a CMP response, or simply email them.
          As I mentioned CMP expects, and encourages others to answer.
          JH
          Zvenoman

Comment

• steelap
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by ZvenoMan View Post
            It's been asked and answered countless times.

CMP considers this section to be "Ask the CMP Community".

CMP employees and management have said over and over that they will not dedicate the staff to monitor this section and answer every question, especially ones that are asked every week or month.
            If you want a personal answer from a CMP employee then email or phone (not preferred, they are busy, and most of these questions are not emergencies needing an immediate answer) are your options.

No one has to like, or agree with this but this is the answer to "Why doesn't CMP answer...."

JH
            I guess the real answer would be to email Mark Johnson.

Comment

• andyman
              • May 2010

Originally posted by aimit View Post
              CMP employees answer only about 20% of the questions posted here. The rest would go unanswered without non employees joining in with opinions to try to help. I have wondered for a long time why the "Ask CMP" forum exists, if the CMP is not going to answer each and every question instead of relying on non employees to try to answer to the best of their ability. The way the "Ask CMP" forum is structured at this time doesn't do much for us. I think we all read it hoping to learn something, but you are right, most of the time there is no legitimate answer, just speculation, which is just a waste of time.

I agree with you.

I miss the ask Orest section... :'(

Comment

• Zorba
                • Jun 2018

Darn, and I was going to buy one for a certain A. Hitler...
                -Zorba
                "The Veiled Male"
                http://www.doubleveil.net
                )O(
                My Feedback Thread

Comment

• S556
                  • Apr 2015

Hoping the OP will put the CMP answer on here...

Comment

• Bwcritch
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Corprin View Post
                    I am about to send in my order for a pair of Garands, one each for my kids ages 2 and 4, to be presented as their 10th B-day gifts; exactly as I did.

Is there any way for the certificates of authenticity be issued in their names rather than mine?

If so, would I just add a post-it note on the order form, or would there be a better way to ensure it?

Thank you,
                    Rich
                    Tried to do this for my kids a couple years back. CMP emailed me back and told me no. I’m trying to find the email and I’ll happily post it if I find it.

This is the exact reply I got for my children:

“How old is your child? If he/she is under 18 or older we will be able to
                    change the name on the certificate. If not, we will not be able to change it
                    until he/she is of age.

Thank you,

CMP Customer Service
                    [email protected]
                    256-835-8455”
                    Last edited by Bwcritch; 10-11-2018, 09:55 PM. Reason: Added the actual CMP response.
                    Feedback here

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....light=bwcritch

Comment

• ZvenoMan
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by Bwcritch View Post
                      This is the exact reply I got for my children:

“How old is your child? If he/she is under 18 or older we will be able to
                      change the name on the certificate. If not, we will not be able to change it
                      until he/she is of age.

Thank you,

CMP Customer Service
                      [email protected]
                      256-835-8455”
                      Uh oh
                      Zvenoman

Comment

Working...
                      X