Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2018, 09:01 PM

switch out the A2 stock with an A1 stock. should save a little?
Old 12-11-2018, 10:38 PM

You may want to hold off on any changes. I was at the Talladega 600 last week and was told by a reliable source rule changes are likely for Mod Mil in 2019. No details but I know the rules committee met during the week.

Hopefully they will clarify a few things. There were 29 Mod mil shooters and 14 unlimited mod mil shooters. How many of the unlimited intended to shoot mod mil I do not know but did see some told their rifles must shoot unlimited.

One ""new"" enforcement issue I witnessed was declaring the front sight on an entry level Springfield M-1A as "National Match" and thereby must shoot unlimited. As an owner of one of these rifles I have shot it in Mod Mil until this match. I had just finished my AR build thankfully. I hope they amend this idiotic rule. Hooded rear sights I understand are match improvements, heavy barrels, etc. An out of the box entry level rifle???

I really hope they clean up some of these rules AND use common sense.
Distinguished Rifleman #2227
President's Hundred
Old 12-12-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revr View Post
You may want to hold off on any changes. I was at the Talladega 600 last week and was told by a reliable source rule changes are likely for Mod Mil in 2019. No details but I know the rules committee met during the week.

Hopefully they will clarify a few things. There were 29 Mod mil shooters and 14 unlimited mod mil shooters. How many of the unlimited intended to shoot mod mil I do not know but did see some told their rifles must shoot unlimited.

One ""new"" enforcement issue I witnessed was declaring the front sight on an entry level Springfield M-1A as "National Match" and thereby must shoot unlimited. As an owner of one of these rifles I have shot it in Mod Mil until this match. I had just finished my AR build thankfully. I hope they amend this idiotic rule. Hooded rear sights I understand are match improvements, heavy barrels, etc. An out of the box entry level rifle???

I really hope they clean up some of these rules AND use common sense.
In my 12/02/18 posts I dropped the idea for saving weight on the HBAR since I'm going with another AR that's currently meeting weight.

The only thing I need to know is if an MMR AR is required to use an A2 grip vs a Magpul MIAD that I prefer.

Perhaps the upcoming 2019 Rules will clarify a few things as you think they might. If an MMR AR must have an A2 grip I can swap the grips out.

BTW I agree with you on the M1A front sight issue. If I do shoot an M1A in a MMR match I have my M1A NM to fall back on since I haven't shot it in awhile, but am focusing on the AR platform mainly, albeit with an optic.