Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2015, 01:10 PM

I've seen some boorish behavior in the SS a number of times. But then again, I've met some real friendly and helpful folks.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:43 PM

Default PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by T38Carbine View Post
Unfortunately...many have forgot the lessons of fair play, and courtesy!
I blame political correctness and our school system,not too long ago a punch on the nose was acceptable behavior for offensive or rude but now it is a sign of needing anger management.

Schools regularly punish the person caught retaliating after the initial offense instead of at least punishing both, someone needs to tell them this isn't the NHL.

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 07-12-2015, 02:02 PM

I am a regular at the North Store and have been going for about 5 years now. Stories like this are not the norm in my experience. Out of all the times I have been to the NS, I had one poor experience with a rude customer last year during the matches and the 1903a3 release. One customer was grabbing multiple 03's and claiming they were his including the rifle I grabbed. I picked it up off the rack and he put his hand on the barrel claiming it was his. I refused to back down and he let it go. It turned out to be correct.

Again, that is not the norm. By and large everyone is willing to help others out. There is sometimes a rush, but that is part of the fun. Most people are very helpful.
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--
Old 07-12-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappasue View Post
I blame political correctness and our school system,not too long ago a punch on the nose was acceptable behavior for offensive or rude but now it is a sign of needing anger management.

Schools regularly punish the person caught retaliating after the initial offense instead of at least punishing both, someone needs to tell them this isn't the NHL.
I am 38-years-old and way too old to be "punching people in the nose." I don't think that was ever the norm in society and if it was I am glad those times have passed. What does "political correctness" have to do with threatening violence? That is not to say I wouldn't say something and publicly shame someone, but that is a far cry from attacking them over a lousy material object.

Sorry but I tend to think self-control should rule the day. It is just a darn carbine for crying out loud. .
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--

Last edited by kilroywashere; 07-12-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:43 PM

Default Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroywashere View Post
I am 38-years-old and way too old to be "punching people in the nose." I don't think that was ever the norm in society and if it was I am glad those times have passed. What does "political correctness" have to do with threatening violence? That is not to say I wouldn't say something and publicly shame someone, but that is a far cry from attacking them over a lousy material object.

Sorry but I tend to think self-control should rule the day. It is just a darn carbine for crying out loud. .
The threat of a punch in the nose was there and made people more polite just like a goon in hockey the threat was enough, you didn't actually punch.
I am 61 and most guys my age would understand.

Publicly shame someone, hahahaha that hasn't worked since Clinton!!!

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 07-12-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
The threat of a punch in the nose was there and made people more polite just like a goon in hockey the threat was enough, you didn't actually punch.

When all else fails profanity helps in the shaming. It does work and has worked. Maybe I am just really good at it. Often times just saying something gets people to back off. I tend to be in the mindset that a threat of violence should never be made unless you intend to back it up and only in defense. I don't make idle threats. My dad (60) taught me that.

I still don't see how this has anything to do with political correctness. That is from the prospective of someone who is a product of public school and higher education. Political correctness doesn't mean being a doormat. I think you are confusing being politically correct with an over reaction made by some states and school districts due to a fear that anything can be pointed at later as a sign that "little Johnny" was disturbed. In some states, you can actually lose your teaching license if you don't report an incident. That wasn't a step taken by the districts, it was in response to various Safe Schools Acts and a public demanding government "do something." We get the government we deserve. The problem is that there are no clear cut guidelines for what constitutes a real threat so teachers are forced to report all incidents and a determination is made by the administrator. In a few instances, administrators have gone overboard and those few instances are stumped about by pundits and politicians.

Okay. Soap box is put away. Sorry about that.
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--
Old 07-12-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I am a regular at the North Store and have been going for about 5 years now. Stories like this are not the norm in my experience. Out of all the times I have been to the NS, I had one poor experience with a rude customer last year during the matches and the 1903a3 release. One customer was grabbing multiple 03's and claiming they were his including the rifle I grabbed. I picked it up off the rack and he put his hand on the barrel claiming it was his. I refused to back down and he let it go. It turned out to be correct.

Again, that is not the norm. By and large everyone is willing to help others out. There is sometimes a rush, but that is part of the fun. Most people are very helpful.
I've been going there off and on for ~15 years now and I'd agree.

This is the first time I've actually seen someone pull something like this. Of course, I don't show up early often and usually not when limited high-demand items are present.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:

There guys WERE around your age and obviously understood no one was likely going to enforce anything.

They played the odds and "won".
Old 07-12-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
I been to the NS many times thru the years, and have seen 3 (men) ??? Team there before.
Always thought just the local regular friends getting together for a day at the NS., But with Bob's actions and no one else at the NS putting a stop to the "3". MAYBE they are all thick as thieves......jmho.
I honestly don't know what the store staff COULD have done. They were likely not aware of the behavior. It all happened out of their sight.

People rushing in after limited stock items can't be anything new to them.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:10 PM

Default Schools

Our school system is so messed up there is no going back to reality. I am a product of catholic grammar school and inner city public high school ,I was also a high school coach. PC means kids necking in the halls have nothing to worry about, it also means when a kid disrespects a teacher and the teacher sends kid to principle THE TEACHER not the kid gets disciplined.
PC is a liberal thing ,don't ask me to explain it I just know it when I see or hear it.
Every night after grammar school there was a fight then it was over and after a few days forgotten, this was a catholic grammar school. If you equate a punch in the nose or a fight after school "violence" you are part of the problem and have already been brainwashed.
At my high school if you didn't stand up for yourself you were going to be doing a lot of running, I don't like running

Quote:
When all else fails profanity helps in the shaming. It does work and has worked. Maybe I am just really good at it. Often times just saying something gets people to back off. I tend to be in the mindset that a threat of violence should never be made unless you intend to back it up and only in defense. I don't make idle threats. My dad (60) taught me that.

I still don't see how this has anything to do with political correctness. That is from the prospective of someone who is a product of public school and higher education. Political correctness doesn't mean being a doormat. I think you are confusing being politically correct with an over reaction made by some states and school districts due to a fear that anything can be pointed at later as a sign that "little Johnny" was disturbed. In some states, you can actually lose your teaching license if you don't report an incident. That wasn't a step taken by the districts, it was in response to various Safe Schools Acts and a public demanding government "do something." We get the government we deserve. The problem is that there are no clear cut guidelines for what constitutes a real threat so teachers are forced to report all incidents and a determination is made by the administrator. In a few instances, administrators have gone overboard and those few instances are stumped about by pundits and politicians.

Okay. Soap box is put away. Sorry about that.

John Wayne in "Shootist"