Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2020, 02:51 PM

Default FS: Snider-Enfield .577 "Seargeant's Pattern" Rifle/ 1870/ Canadian Issued 9th Battalion

PHOTO LINK (48 PICS): https://imgur.com/a/iwdYhrs
For sale is a Canadian Sergeants Pattern MK III Snider rifle chambered in 577 Snider. This MK III is numbers matching. Barrel is NOT cut down like a lot of these are! The serial number, 7613 is on the underside of the breech and rear sight. The action is the pull release MK III action on a rifle built and dated 1871 by Enfield. The barrel is steel with all of the appropriate proofs; bright excellent bore and retaining the majority of its original blued finish. The lock functions flawlessly and is complete with its original chained pin protector. This example is stocked in English Walnut and remains in excellent, above average condition with a clear Enfield Roundel. The left side of the butt shows the Canadian DC (Dominion of Canada) in a Diamond mark, the 9th Battalion mark and issue number 122. The same markings are also found on the original rod. The 9th Battalion of Infantry was headquartered in Quebec. A very good plus example of a Sergeants Pattern Snider Rifle. These were purpose built, (not converted) with steel barrel and locking lug mechanism for securing breech, replacing the latching pin of earlier models. The barrels were newly manufactured and contained 5-groove right-hand twist Enfield rifling. The short rifle measures 48 5/8″ in overall length. The round steel plumb-brown barrel is 30 1/2″. This was the first main army issue breech loader manufactured from afresh. Note: All the “WD /arrow” acceptance marks have been re-stamped with the opposing arrow of the government sold out of service mark (s.o.s.). This is correct! In fact, EVERYTHING about this rifle is correct. I have seen these, with all the correctness and unit markings, bring almost 3 times the amount I am asking! ANTIQUE. NO FFL NEEDED (UNLESS REQUIRED IN YOUR STATE). I WILL REQUIRE A COPY OF YOUR ID STATING YOU ARE AT LEAST 18.
$850.00 plus actual shipping. I do NOT charge over my cost to ship! The first "I'll take it" posted here and followed up with an IMMEDIATE email to me at dogfacesupply@gmail.com gets it. That email must have your information ( your phone number), the way you want to pay, and a zip code of where it is going to. I take Personal checks, Bank checks and Business checks (with MY bank’s clear time), USPS money orders, discreet Paypal gift. No credit card or Layaways on this one please.