Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2020, 09:39 AM

Default WTB: 96th Infantry Division patch

I'd like to buy a 96th Infantry Division patch. My wife's uncle was in the 96th during WWII and was wounded on Okinawa. He lost a leg but after the war, he started a construction business and ran it until he retired. Built lots of houses. Great guy and I miss talking to him. I was about the only person who was interested in talking to him about his experiences so we enjoyed our conversations.

Anyway, my wife is going to Okinawa next month to visit her sister. Her husband is an Army chaplain stationed there and this will be the first visit. I would like her to take a 96th Division patch back to Okinawa and bury it in the sand for her uncle. I'd do it myself except we can't afford for all of us to go. I would very much like to go and see the battlefield where he was hit. I know it would be an amazing experience. Unfortunately, my wife and in-laws don't appreciate history the same way. Oh well, that's life I guess. She can at least do this one thing.

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2020, 11:11 AM

eBay has them. There is also a Facebook listing for the 96 infantry if you do Facebook.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:16 PM

Yeah, I hate ebay, though. I'd rather try here first. Thanks for the Facebook pointer, though!
Old 02-19-2020, 06:31 PM

Hopefully someone here will have a spare for you Chad.

I purchased a set of greenback 96th patches off of eBay to use in a shadowbox that I made for my Great Grandfather. He also served in the 96th and was also wounded on Okinawa. He was a resident of Unionville, MO until the time of his passing. I'm assuming that your uncle-in-law was also from MO?

My feedback: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=131218
Old 02-19-2020, 06:59 PM

Prior service and Etsy also have them.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:35 PM

He was from Arkansas actually and his name was Bob McMillen. I live in MO and lived in OK before we moved here. I'm originally from Perry.

Great looking shadowbox! You did a good job with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
Hopefully someone here will have a spare for you Chad.
I purchased a set of greenback 96th patches off of eBay to use in a shadowbox that I made for my Great Grandfather. He also served in the 96th and was also wounded on Okinawa. He was a resident of Unionville, MO until the time of his passing. I'm assuming that your uncle-in-law was also from MO?