Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2020, 05:27 PM

Default Dupage Trading USGI stocks

Does anyone here have any experiences with the unmarked USGI stocks at Dupage? These, specifically. I'd like a replacement for the CMP wood I got and these seem like the best option.

Good or bad I'd love to hear, maybe a picture even!

Thanks guys
Old 01-11-2020, 05:33 PM

No but I bought one of their new stock sets and was pretty happy with it. The only complaint I had is that the surface was a little wavy. Some block sanding fixed that up.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimopl View Post
Does anyone here have any experiences with the unmarked USGI stocks at Dupage? These, specifically. I'd like a replacement for the CMP wood I got and these seem like the best option.

Good or bad I'd love to hear, maybe a picture even!

Thanks guys
I couldn't resist the temptation and bought one set about a month ago. The stock is in average service grade condition but had a light coat of shellac or something shiny on it which I am not fond of. It had no stamps or rack numbers of any kind. I was very pleased with the handguards as they had no cracks and are in excellent condition. I would rate them as in above average service condition. Over all the set is worth about what I paid for it so no complaints.

Last edited by Ronwall; 01-11-2020 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
I couldn't resist the temptation and bought one set about a month ago. The stock is in average service grade condition but had a light coat of shellac or something shiny on it which I am not fond of. It had no stamps or rack numbers of any kind. I was very pleased with the handguards as they had no cracks and are in excellent condition. I would rate them as in above average service condition. Over all the set is worth about what I paid for it so no complaints.
Eh that's not greatly appealing. If I want to refinish a stock Is just do that to the CMP one.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:10 PM

I’ve had really good luck with Dupage. I bought two laminate stocks and several USGI stocks. All but one exceeded my expectations. Pretty good odds in my book.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:38 PM

I paid for a $100 set. It had a proof P and a small ordnance wheel on the bottom of the pistol grip. No cartouche and a very heavily stamped rack number across the right buttstock flat. Excepting that hard rack number I liked the stock very much.

It still is an honest USGI stock for sure.

My feedback thread
Old 01-12-2020, 08:44 AM

I bought a stock set from Dupage for $70 a while ago and was very pleased with it. It had a P proof and a light DAS stamp. The included hand guards were in excellent shape. There were a few small areas that had something that looked like varnish but a very light sanding and a few coats of Pure Tung Oil and I have a very nice USGI stock.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:29 AM

I bought one awhile back and it also had an uneven coating of shiny shellac which I removed with Formby's. Turned out pretty nice. It has a non serif P, and a large porch, which I assume would make it a H&R. No other markings. The front ferrel was rusty and pitted. Hand guards had some dings and a small crack, but are serviceable. I will try to post pics.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:09 AM

I purchased a stock set about a month ago. Right out of the box the stock was a bit grimy, but all wood seemed to match. No cartouche visible on initial inspection.

Once I cleaned it with dish soap, degreaser and a scotchbrite pad, a noticeable SA/JLG cartouche was visible.

Have not oiled or fit to a rifle yet, but all 3 pieces looking good so far and very much worth the money.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:37 PM

Sounds like in general they are good but may need some cleaning/refinishing.

Is there any advantage to refinishing one of these vs a CMP stock? I'm not sure if its worth it in that case.