Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 02:10 PM

I have used both FedEx and UPS.

Long guns can be shipped ground.

If you take it to them, you MUST take it to a hub, not one of the stores. The stores are mostly franchises and will not accept firearms or ammunition. They hubs will.

You can also schedule a pick from your residence.

You may not ship handguns via USPS, and an FFL can ship FFL to FFL. For UPS and FedEx, handguns must go Next Day, and that is quite expensive. So having your FFL ship it USPS may be cheaper than shipping it yourself.

Bud's used to have a service, where they would generate the USPS label and it would "ship from FFL to FFL" even though it was picked up from your house.
Old 01-12-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Brown View Post
I had a new Fed Ex dock manager once tell me they couldn't accept a rifle I wanted to ship do to their regulations. I asked him to please look up their regs and email me what he found. He did ad sent me a email stating that they would be happy to accept my shipment. He had misinterpreted the regulation.
I use all three major carriers and I have not had any problems. Most of my outgoing shipments are Fed Ex. The PO can cost more, but for some items they are cheaper than the commercial carriers. I have a friend who is a C&R licensee and he ships most of his pistols through the post office.
He had best not get caught. You have to be a dealer (01 or better) to ship handguns through the mail. 03 C@R are not permitted by law to ship a handgun through USPS. I have an 01 now and have had an 03 in the past. Believe me, that info is correct.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Brown View Post
I have a friend who is a C&R licensee and he ships most of his pistols through the post office.
Not supposed to be allowed, but I did receive two C&R pistols from a FFL 01 that is no longer in business.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:05 PM

I buy and sell a lot of things on eBay and the USPS for the past 8-10 months they are all over the map: good to slow to very slow to they actually lost an item (never had that before). I have never seen it so bad in 20 years. Almost pot luck with them. I used UPS to ship a rifle last month
Old 01-13-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
Not supposed to be allowed, but I did receive two C&R pistols from a FFL 01 that is no longer in business.
from USPS website - C+R holders are allowed to ship certain handguns to other ffl holders -

Shipping firearms with USPS
Allowed arms for shipping:
Handguns: a generally restricted class comprised of pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed on the person. Handguns and other firearms capable of being concealed on the person are non-mailable unless:
Mailed between curio and relic collectors only when those firearms also meet the definition of an antique firearm.
Certified by the curator of a municipal, state, or federal museum that exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest.
Classified as air guns that do not fall within the definition of firearms. Note: these must contain a verified adult signature.
Mailed between authorized vendors and manufacturers.
Unloaded rifles and shotguns: can be mailed however the mailer will need to verify, by opening or by certification, that the rifle or shotgun is unloaded and eligible for mailing. Subject to state, territory, or district regulations, rifles and shotguns may be mailed without restriction when sent in the same state.
Rifle: a shoulder weapon having a barrel that is 16 inches or more in length.
Shotgun: a shoulder weapon having a barrel that is 18 inches or
Closed Thread