Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2021, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsun View Post
I would really like to go to the stores but I think maybe not, camp Perry is the only place I’ve been to, and bought a .garand many many years ago. Along with two pilot friends I flew with at Rosenbaulm aviation. It was an all day trip from Dayton rode way inn. Most of the rifles and I think they don’t sell rifles at Camp Perry anymore, I’ve been told that. It was before CMP was,or maybe CMP was developed out of ?Camp Perry. And then moved to Alabama. AJ
There is still a store at Camp Perry. In fact, it is in new digs...

https://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/cmp-stores/
Old 01-21-2021, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwitten View Post
The only official word we have seen from CMP was limit of 2 for in store purchases. It did not mention limit of two for mail in. Can you confirm they are limiting mail in orders to two as well?
Last time I ask I was told “Two Rifles Period” so unless someone has heard something different then that’s the latest word.
Old 01-21-2021, 03:39 PM

Default Thursday closing report

I was able to get into the store at 2:00.

Most stocks are USGI or rebuild stocks, fair number of SA cartouches and DAS’s.

There were several restocks today to include;

1903a3, 16, one white chrome rifle 350.00/ several drill a3’s which are pretty nice.

SA SG 34, there was one 5 digit (42xxx), several six digit/ several very nice near correct post war rifles.

M1C SA FG, 2.

KRAG, Two Chrome CARBINE’S, one with pretty good cartouche, 500.00.

M1 bayonets were restocked, no scabbards, but very nice condition.

There are currently 45 empty rifle slots.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:55 PM

I was able to make the drive today and arrived at the store around 2:00 with nobody waiting outside. I went in and there were only 3 customers inside. I picked out a special field grade and took it over to the counter and then stood off to the side while they did their thing. I browsed around and watched one man who really seemed to go over what was available with a fine tooth comb. When he got ready to leave I heard someone say “see you later, Tom”. As he walked out the door I asked if that was “The Tom” and they exclaimed that was “The Tom” Lol! I would have really liked a chance to talk with you but I was able to find a really nice SA # 1132029 . I was really disappointed that ammo wasn’t available. Day late and a dollar short as they say. I was planning on getting to the store early Friday but now I’ve got to find something for the wife and kids to do until we leave Saturday.

Last edited by BillyRGibson; 01-21-2021 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyRGibson View Post
I was able to make the drive today and arrived at the store around 2:00 with nobody waiting outside. I went in and there were only 3 customers inside. I picked out a special field grade and took it over to the counter and then stood off to the side while they did their thing. I browsed around and watched one man who really seemed to go over what was available with a find tooth comb. When he got ready to leave I heard someone say “see you later, Tom”. As he walked out the door I asked if that was “The Tom” and they exclaimed that was “The Tom” Lol! I would have really liked a chance to talk with you but I was able to find a really nice SA # 1132029 . I was really disappointed tgat ammo wasn’t available. Day late and a dollar short as they say. I was planning on getting to the store early Friday but now I’ve got to find something for the wife and kids to do until we leave Saturday.
Sorry I missed you and I think I saw you in passing on the way out the door. Really glad you found what you were looking for. Maybe next time.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwitten View Post
The only official word we have seen from CMP was limit of 2 for in store purchases. It did not mention limit of two for mail in. Can you confirm they are limiting mail in orders to two as well?
The below statement is posted on CMP's official Facebook page. There is no mention of mail in orders.

"CMP customers and friends - we are rationing our ready to sell inventory and have up staffed to address the problem. For the time being, North, South, and Talladega store purchases will be limited to TWO M1 Garands per customer."
Old 01-21-2021, 09:43 PM

Default Rifle limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
The below statement is posted on CMP's official Facebook page. There is no mention of mail in orders.

"CMP customers and friends - we are rationing our ready to sell inventory and have up staffed to address the problem. For the time being, North, South, and Talladega store purchases will be limited to TWO M1 Garands per customer."
You may only purchase TWO Garands from any source within the CMP during this restriction, there are NO loopholes...