Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2021, 08:09 PM

Tom is who made me come to the cmp for the first time. I met a gentleman in Peachtree City, Ga that I purchased a 1903a3 from and he mentioned he purchased it from the cmp. He told me about the reports that PH68 posted and I wanted a Winchester with Winchester barrel. After monitoring the reports I made the two and a half hour drive and behold I found the exact rifle I was looking for. From that point I was hooked and every Thursday I waited for his post. My second trip I had the privilege of meeting him and we became friends. Tom made the cmp something extraordinary for me and I truly miss reading his weekly reports.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
Tom,
I appreciate what you have done for my collecting over that past few years, but more than that I am glad to have made your acquaintence and become friends.
You have helped me grow my collection in a unselfish way wish is a testament to the type of person you are.
I especially like the friendly competition to get to the store the earliest, which I seemed to win most times, to your aggravation I am sure.
Here is the view of the South Store at 5am local time with me being the first there That's my fold out chair you see in front of the door

[IMG][/IMG]

Maybe this thing will turn around and it will get back to something like old times..... though I have my doubts

Rob
Love the photo Rob and dang it you did beat me there most morning!!! Those were some COLD and EARLY mornings. Good memories and hopefully there will be more in the future my friend.
Old 12-04-2021, 05:07 PM

Classic example of no good deed goes unpunished. I don't know Tom, will never get to the south store, bought a couple at times when he reported that the pickings were good. Corresponded with him a couple of times.

No retailer seems to be able to do business the old "tried and true" method. Always some newfangled mba method that somebody knows is best. Plus, dog gone it, Tom is a true American hero. They don't give those medals out for no reason at all. He is a perfect representative for that type of operation.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:20 AM

While I only made it to the South Store in person twice, your reports kept the fever alive in me for years and to this day. I have a few more rifles now than I planned on when I bought my first one. Thank you.