Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by lapriester View Post
    This scope and an Aero lightweight cantilever mount allowed my Modern Mil rifle to meet weight restrictions that, with it's 20" barrel, I couldn't meet with several variable versions I tried.

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle...s/fx-ii-4x33mm
    Service Rifle has no weight restrictions.

Originally posted by lapriester View Post
    White Oak sells a modified FX II with target turrets and parallax set at 300.
    Leupold quit building scopes to white oaks specification. They are doing their own scope.
    Last edited by Big_Red; 05-06-2018, 05:16 PM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts

Comment

• OMCHamlin
      • May 2016

Originally posted by 7.62 View Post
      Service Rifle has no weight restrictions.
      Until you put glass on it...

Comment

• canes7
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by OMCHamlin View Post
        Until you put glass on it...
        You may be reading the wrong rule book. There are two, one for HP and one for games.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Dan W.
        CMP GSM Master Instructor
        CMP HP Master
        DR#2474 (2019) 1/2 with irons, 1/2 with optics

Comment

• rickgman
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Quarterbore
          I am curious why you say that? I am trying the ACOG for matches this year and most of my local matches are 100 or 200 yards so I don’t think I’ll do a full course this year.
          Firstly, the ACOG doesn't have the friendliest windage and elevation adjustments. It is designed for use as a combat scope - not as a precision scope where fine adjustments need to be made frequently. Employing hold offs and hold overs is the general technique used with combat scopes. Secondly, the chevron reticle used in the military RCO version of the ACOG isn't conducive to precision shooting. A conventional crosshair reticle is available but so are triangle, donut and horseshoe/dot reticles - none of which are really good for precision shooting. Of course, one can special order an ACOG or get really lucky and find a crosshair reticle scope but they are generally hard to find on the shelf. ACOG's are great combat scopes where the target is an E type target (for training and qualification) or an enemy combatant (for real world applications). They simply are not the best choice when shooting at bullseye targets where a high level of precision is necessary to post a good score. There is a reason that the military teams are using NIghtforce or March scopes and not ACOG's which they have ready access to in the supply system.

Comment

Working...
          X