X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AL in MN
    • Oct 2009

I picked my nickname so I could remember where I am.
    AL in MN

Comment

• Cal30M1
      • Oct 2009

I have no clue what my moniker stands for!

OK It MAY be rifle related.
      "....then why'd he make it shaped like a taco?"

Comment

• zaugau
        • Oct 2009

I used my trailname from back when I hiked the Appalachian Trail.

It's a Chinese exclamation, kinda like "oh $h**"

Comment

• Noseeum
          • Dec 2009

Mine came from those pesky little biting gnats that come out at dusk and dawn on the East cost, and all of Fl. We call them "Flying Teeth" or "No-See-Ums". It's a wonder something that small has such a bite !! On top of that......You can't see me either.

Mike

Comment

• Stockyards brat
            • Oct 2009

I was raised in the livestock business and raised on the Ft. Worth Stockyards in the late 50's and early 60's - back when they were third only to KC and Chigago. They are nothing but a tourist trap now, and an expensive one at that. Anyway, when I was being difficult (most of the time) my mom would call me a little brat and blame it on the Stockyards people.

Comment

• drywash
              • Oct 2009

A western U.S. stream that is dry most of the year. Just popped in there.

Comment

• J.R.2009
                • Oct 2009

Oh come on Noseeum,
                "noseeum" is a Yankee term for what we in the South call Gnats, Sand Fleas but never noseeum's. Until the last few years, and all 67 of them here in the Lowcountry, I've never heard the term "noseeum's".
                See, you're making me scratch !!
                J.R.

Home of the FREE Carbine Club Newsletter Index [email protected]
                I do NOT have newsletters to sell! ONLY our INDEX of what is in each issue. To get the issues see the link for the Carbine collectors Club.
                http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/

USAF 379th Bomb Wing (Heavy) SAC
                Gun Owners of SC
                GCA

Comment

• 82nd Rigger
                  • Oct 2009

J.R.

What we call "noseeums" in Florida is what other folks call midges.

82nd Rigger = during Vietnam I was a parachute rigger and instructor in the US Army Rigger School.

Comment

• steelap
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by J.R.2009 View Post
                    Oh come on Noseeum,
                    "noseeum" is a Yankee term for what we in the South call Gnats, Sand Fleas but never noseeum's. Until the last few years, and all 67 of them here in the Lowcountry, I've never heard the term "noseeum's".
                    See, you're making me scratch !!
                    You have to remember Florida is not part of the South. Of course they use Yankee expressions.

"Life is Good!"

Comment

• Rick the Librarian
                      • Oct 2009

I came up with my moniker a number of years ago. I used to post as "RickS" but another "RickS" came up on one of the forums. Plus, I remember reviewing the movie "The Lost Battalion" with Rick Schroeder". I gave the movie a good rating and was "accused" of patting myself on the back!!

I thus, came up with "Rick the Librarian" to reflect, a) my first name, and b) my chosen field (elementary librarian for 33 years). For awhile, tried "Rick the (retired) Librarian" but took too long to type out.

P.S. I was told by someone there is a "Rick the Librarian" on eBay - if so, it ain't me!!
                      "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
                      --C.S. Lewis

Comment

• budmant
                        • Oct 2009

My Mother in law gave me the nickname budman & I just added my last initial t...I know, it's not what you all were thinking, sorry
                        45 positive feedbacks before the change

Comment

• Frederick
                          • Oct 2009

Let me see, how can I explain this.....back in March of 1952 my parents had this little baby boy and they needed to name him so in order to make his life miserable they chose . You guessed it! By the way, my hair is red.
                          Fred

Comment

• HenryPatrick
                            • Mar 2010

HenryPatrick is Patrick Henry. I actually am very fond of the guy. He was very intelligent and has some great quotes. You know ones like "If this be treason, make the most of it" Read about this guy, he's pretty cool.
                            Todd

Comment

• olfart
                              • Oct 2009

Olfart is just an accurate descriptor. 16 years of teaching and 30-odd years in law enforcement will do that to you...

John

Comment

• buttebob
                                • Apr 2010

I came up with mine because Bob is my name and I like it.
                                And,at the time I lived in Butte, MT, and I like it too.

Now I'm just about 100 miles north of you.

Spent 11 years in the Charleston area.

You ever get out to RPM Gunshop?

Comment

Working...
                                X