Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2018, 09:58 AM

Default OG dates

My CMP is an Ithaca lower, Remington Rand slide. According to the Ithaca Co. my pistol was manufactured in 1945, shipped 30 June contract no; W-30-115-ORD-553 Supplement #2 to Benecia Arsenal, Army Point CA. It has and Ogden (OG) Arsenal rebuild stamp but no date. OG was a collection point for reserve material. In 1955 ordnance operations moved from OG to Tooele Ord Depot. Anyone know of anyway to find out when Arsenal build done (1945-1955) and if pistol served time in Korea?

Mine:
https://imgur.com/a/njGK3N3

Last edited by Old Fart; 12-18-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:14 AM

Back in the early 80's a man around here was selling G. I. surplus slides and parts for the 1911's. I bought his last Ithaca slide and all the parts required to do a build. Over the years a friend of my son's gave me the old Walnut grips and the old magazine. I put all this up and hunted awhile for a frame, but never found one. Then in the early 2000's at a gun show I bought an Essex Arms frame and put it all together. Shoots and operates AOK. Anyway to shorten this story I paid a sum of $20.00 for the slide and new G. I. parts, nothing for the grips and magazine and $150.00 for the Essex frame. Take a look. Believe it or not about 10 yrs. ago I ran up on an old Brazilian military slide complete with all the parts for $65.00, so I bought another Essex frame and put it together and it handles AOK also. There is still a lot of G. I. parts existing, keep on the look out.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:21 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by poochie View Post
Back in the early 80's a man around here was selling G. I. surplus slides and parts for the 1911's. I bought his last Ithaca slide and all the parts required to do a build. Over the years a friend of my son's gave me the old Walnut grips and the old magazine. I put all this up and hunted awhile for a frame, but never found one. Then in the early 2000's at a gun show I bought an Essex Arms frame and put it all together. Shoots and operates AOK. Anyway to shorten this story I paid a sum of $20.00 for the slide and new G. I. parts, nothing for the grips and magazine and $150.00 for the Essex frame. Take a look. Believe it or not about 10 yrs. ago I ran up on an old Brazilian military slide complete with all the parts for $65.00, so I bought another Essex frame and put it together and it handles AOK also. There is still a lot of G. I. parts existing, keep on the look out.

Nice