Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Site Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2019, 03:49 PM

Default A post that was removed.

I am aware of the fact that politics are taboo on this site.

So be it.

However, another member wrote that his politicians were passing a law that would be retroactive and make him a felon for owning a M1 carbine and some others and some other weapons

Why was this deleted, this is of importance to all of us and more so to those living in his home state. I understand not talking about and debating politics but this is news, news that needs to be circulated.

I had 45+ positive feedbacks one day, and then the next day it was gone...................poltergeist?
Old 11-13-2019, 03:52 PM

I've had a couple deleted and there was nothing political in them.

xllx@msn.com
Old 11-13-2019, 05:24 PM

Posts like that are the very reason for the rule. You’re not trying to claim that it wasn’t a political post, are you??
Old 11-13-2019, 06:41 PM

I will elect to remain silent, I don't own a flame suit.

I had 45+ positive feedbacks one day, and then the next day it was gone...................poltergeist?
Old 11-13-2019, 06:44 PM

If the passage of laws that eliminate the ability to own the very guns sold by the CMP is an issue that can’t be discussed then soon enough the forums themselves may be pointless.

My feedback thread
Old 11-13-2019, 08:51 PM

again, as has been said, there are plenty of political forums - and my experience has been that even benign political posts turn ugly in a short while. A few folks always have to Hillarry this or Trump that - it gets very old quick and as a moderator, maddening...
Old 11-14-2019, 09:42 AM

How is this for a suggestion:

Keep political issues off of this site.
If however, someone has a post to offer, such as the one that was deleted, let them post it, then shut off any responses.
If some political party is passing an obscene, bull crap law like the one he suggested, then we all need to know about it, It affects us. We need to have knowledge to be able to react. If what he says is true, and I have no reason to believe it is not, then we need to know. I have not heard of this in the news, and given the news media, we may not.
This affects us all, even if it is in his home state.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:36 PM

retroactive laws aren't a thing, so it was probably removed since it was just inflammatory...

"Ex post facto is most typically used to refer to a criminal statute that punishes actions retroactively, thereby criminalizing conduct that was legal when originally performed. Two clauses in the United States Constitution prohibit ex post facto laws:

Art 1, 9
This prohibits Congress from passing any laws which apply ex post facto.
Art. 1 10.
This prohibits the states from passing any laws which apply ex post facto."

So no, you won't be made a felon retroactively!
Old 11-15-2019, 08:14 AM

But if you pass a law saying “X” is now not allowed to civilians like NYS Safe law did with regular capacity magazines holding over 10 rounds you are now faced with either selling or otherwise disposing things you previously legally owned or becoming a felon.

You are not a felon for previous ownership of X but if you want to retain it you are.

My feedback thread
Old 11-15-2019, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

The short answer is that politics have never been allowed here nor will it be in the foreseeable future.

If CMP leadership determines that political and/or legislative info needs to be put out that directly affects their operation, then they will put that info on this site.