Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielg View Post
Yup and got them all.

Turns out

@cmp.org is the mail server from the regular CMP. Mailing lists, etc.

@james.cmp.org is the mail server from this board's notifications.

Until such a time as I get notice, I guess I'll leave the mail server able to accept ones that don't resolve. Just feels wrong
It is very normal to set a mail server to accept incoming emails that list domains that do not resolve, as it is normal for mass-mailers to use "do not reply" type addresses.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:52 PM

Default No short answer there

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLD View Post

Anone else hear ?
Old 10-10-2018, 07:43 PM

Settle down.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMech View Post
Anone else hear ?
This was the first post in the link I provided. Poster was Cmp1911admin on 10/6.

"We are allowing the mail services, USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, Carrier Pigeon & Pony Express, to deliver all packets post marked on 4th Oct. We will allow a few days, once all packets have been assigned a number(this will also take a few days) we will enter the numbers into the RNG which will then assign a number to each packet. Once all packets have their assigned RNG number, we will start the processing of the packets. As each packet has to be check for correction/completion before we can notify anyone, this will also take time. My guessimate is at least 30 days before anyone is notified. I may be wrong, and hope I am. Everyone MUST bear with us as this is a first for us also.

DO NOT CALL or EMAIL ASKING WHAT YOUR NUMBER IS All this does is slow us down and upsets you. We have already had one person demanding to know his number. I WILL NOT TOLORATE ANYONE BEING RUDE/UGLY AND CUSSING AT OUR STAFF (this does not include me of course). That person's packet has been thrown away.
We understand everyone wants to know their number and we will work as fast as we can.
As we did with the early submission packets, we will try to notify those that packets were not accepted. This will be after those that were accepted are notified.
At this time we have over 17,000+ packets.
As more information comes available I will try to keep everyone posted. "

It's entirely possible that CMP1911 staff may have posted newer information. If so, I apologize for reposting old data.

Last edited by FLD; 10-10-2018 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:09 AM

Thank you FLD, above is the lasted information.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Thank you FLD, above is the lasted information.
No problem. Itís all about you today.
FYI, itís cold and windy in Chicago this morning at the Manheim Auto auction. BRR!
Old 10-11-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLD View Post
This was the first post in the link I provided. Poster was Cmp1911admin on 10/6.

"We are allowing the mail services, USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, Carrier Pigeon & Pony Express, to deliver all packets post marked on 4th Oct. We will allow a few days, once all packets have been assigned a number(this will also take a few days) we will enter the numbers into the RNG which will then assign a number to each packet. Once all packets have their assigned RNG number, we will start the processing of the packets. As each packet has to be check for correction/completion before we can notify anyone, this will also take time. My guessimate is at least 30 days before anyone is notified. I may be wrong, and hope I am. Everyone MUST bear with us as this is a first for us also.

DO NOT CALL or EMAIL ASKING WHAT YOUR NUMBER IS All this does is slow us down and upsets you. We have already had one person demanding to know his number. I WILL NOT TOLORATE ANYONE BEING RUDE/UGLY AND CUSSING AT OUR STAFF (this does not include me of course). That person's packet has been thrown away.
We understand everyone wants to know their number and we will work as fast as we can.
As we did with the early submission packets, we will try to notify those that packets were not accepted. This will be after those that were accepted are notified.
At this time we have over 17,000+ packets.
As more information comes available I will try to keep everyone posted. "

It's entirely possible that CMP1911 staff may have posted newer information. If so, I apologize for reposting old data.
So, fess up. Which one of you lost your chance at a 1911?
Old 10-11-2018, 12:26 PM

I would guess he is not a member here. If he is, he's more than likely a newbie. But, just a guess..

Veteran US Army, Artillery
NRA Member
My Dad was a Gun Captain on the USS Enterprise CV-6 WWll
Old 10-11-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stgarand View Post
I would guess he is not a member here. If he is, he's more than likely a newbie. But, just a guess..
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=235018

Nah, couldn't be

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 10-11-2018, 09:14 PM

I cannot imagine why anyone would be rude or nasty to any of the staff here??? What exactly would that buy you? Must suck to be them...