Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other > Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
You only need so much brass i just took 48 pounds of 3006 brass to the scrap yard saved it for years never touched it
I sort of got out of shooting for a few years between 2004 and 2010 (work and family obligations) and when I decided to get active again I found one of my problems was that I had collected so much brass over the years that I couldn't get into my small shop for a the buckets and boxes in the way. After giving a bag of it to a nephew, I sorted, tumbled and bagged the rest and took it to a gun show. At the time, everyone was panic buying* any ammo or components they could get their hands on. I made up a price and sold the lot to the first person who asked about it. I quickly realized that the dealers at the show were asking twice as much for the same thing. That was OK by me. My mission was to clear some space in my shop and that's what I did.

*I'm usually just bemused by ammo and component panics. I've been buying components since the '80s and could keep shooting for the rest of my life just using what I have now. Maybe not with all premium components (Sierra TMKs, 205M primers and Varget) but I wouldn't go wanting for a way to shoot.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:57 AM

Brass and lead : the other precious metals!
Old 06-17-2020, 10:36 AM

Iím looking for once fired brass if you want to sell!!!!

Patriot