Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2020, 11:06 PM

Default Oregon C&R

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeks View Post
I have a C&R and live in Oregon. I have no trouble with dealers sending C&R firearms. If a dealer is not sending that is a decision they have independently made. Where in Oregon law does it say 03ffl's are voided?
You are correct after I read this part of SB 941 again. I forgot that an 03FFL is still permitted when buying from dealers. 03FFL holders can purchase using their license from in State or out of State “dealers” but can no longer from private parties or other 03 FFL holders without a transfer and BGC.

(c) “Transferor” means a person who is not a gun dealer or licensed as a manufacturer or importer under 18 U.S.C. 923 and who intends to deliver a firearm to a transferee.
(2) Except as provided in ORS 166.436 and 166.438 and subsection (4) of this section, a transferor may not transfer a firearm to a transferee unless the transfer is completed through a gun dealer as described in subsection (3) of this section.
(3)(a) A transferor may transfer a firearm to a transferee only as provided in this sec- tion. Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this subsection, prior to the transfer both the transferor and the transferee must appear in person before a gun dealer, with the firearm, and request that the gun dealer perform a criminal background check on the transferee.
(b) If the transferor and the transferee reside over 40 miles from each other, the transferor may ship or deliver the firearm to a gun dealer located near the transferee or a gun dealer designated by the transferee, and the transferor need not appear before the gun dealer in person.

Last edited by wolfcreed; 06-20-2020 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Or the barrel could have been bent sometime in its service life?
If the barrel was bent after the rifle left the factory and the flip sight moved then it would not be to the immediate left of the staking. Technically I suppose it's possible the dovetail was not factory staked and the flip moved later and then the EXACT type of factory staking applied - but that seems very, very unlikely. A more likely explanation is the variance in parts and indexing caused it to be sighted in this way, it was within spec so staked and out the door.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSnlB28 View Post
If the barrel was bent after the rifle left the factory and the flip sight moved then it would not be to the immediate left of the staking. Technically I suppose it's possible the dovetail was not factory staked and the flip moved later and then the EXACT type of factory staking applied - but that seems very, very unlikely. A more likely explanation is the variance in parts and indexing caused it to be sighted in this way, it was within spec so staked and out the door.
Look back at post #478. I'm referring to a RTI carbine that had an adjustable rear sight. The windage adjustment was extreme left as I recall.

Last edited by creeks; 06-20-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:29 PM

One of my clients focuses heavily on one maker of Carbine. What I've noticed is the staking is always in the same exact location, all the way to the far right. How does that happen?
Ah-HAH! So much to learn.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Look back at post #478. I'm referring to a RTI carbine that had an adjustable rear sight. The windage adjustment was extreme left as I recall.
And my response that you commented on was to post 461 "On the subject... my early config Standard Products came with the flip sight pushed all the way to the left. ..."
Old 06-21-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSnlB28 View Post
And my response that you commented on was to post 461 "On the subject... my early config Standard Products came with the flip sight pushed all the way to the left. ..."
All I'm saying is I have run across service rifles(M1, M14, carbines) with windage at extreme adjustments and the cause was a bent barrel. Not saying that is always the cause. I have several real deal early feature carbines and the rear sight is basically centered and they shoot to POA.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:59 PM

Default RTI Carbine Arrived

I am fairly new to Carbines and I am happy with what I received. Looks like a Mid-Year 1944 Inland with a NPM stock. Internal parts, “I think” are a mix if NPM and Inland.

I ordered the base offering and added the very good to excellent option. The Carbine was really dirty, but I expected that from what others reported.

I scrubbed it down, cleaned the stock and added 5 coats of boiled linseed oil. I am pretty happy with how it turned out, but for the life of me I could not get the sling to come clean and will look for one to replace it.

Here is a link to the pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ihuCwKZdgmCVnDEF6

Last edited by wolfcreed; 07-11-2020 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:08 AM

It's good advice and practice to be content with what is received and people will be holding these Carbines for a good while. Locally people will frequently walk past nice non-import Carbines in the 900 to 1200 range.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:36 PM

Well thanks to all you bad influences in my life I succumbed to the pressure and ordered an early one.

Participating in a gun buyback program because you think criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbor has too many kids.

I WAS the proud owner of 45+ 100% A+ ratings on the old itrader system.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:33 AM

Everyone who watches always has stated it's dependent upon where you live, so it's understandable to see the sales.
I almost never miss a show. For a year now I intentionally go with no money hoping to find nothing (I take something to sell), but end up having to scramble to go get funds because it's too good to walk away from. Even at overpriced Louisville I've walked away with nice deals.