Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2018, 09:35 AM

Default Korean 6.2 Rock-Ola

GB Auction has ended and no it is not mine.
This is interesting rare 6.2 Rock-ola because it has a Herlo barrel that is Blue Sky stamped.
I have had one or two or these Herlo barrels stamped Blue Sky over the years and gives some thought that Korea did get and use some Herlo barrels. I have even seen a Herlo barrel with Rock-Ola stamped on the gas housing, but the font was not the same as WWII Rock-Ola stamped gas housings. See CC NL.
If I had a nice Rock-Ola barrel, oh well.
If I remember right, there were at least three different types of Herlo barrela, chrome lined regular twist, chrome lined slow twist, and not chrome lined regular twist. I can not see all the numbers to tell which one this barrel is. Or if this one has a Rock-Ola stamp on the gas housing.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/733893545
Old 01-04-2018, 10:33 AM

I saw that auction also and almost placed a bid . I have a 6,2 in my collection already but knowing that ser.# block is rare, had me ready to jump . Yep , I guess the barrel numbers on the flat did puzzle me and the BlueSky Import and Park kept me out of the race . Bob
Old 01-04-2018, 01:26 PM

It would be interesting to know which Herlo barrel is on it. Also if the headspace is correct. Herlo barrels can be hard to ream if short chambered. The chrome is harder than the tool. And if you cut through lining, will it start to peel or scale off. Still a rear receiver.