Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2018, 07:00 PM

Default Carbine Books

So currently I have all three Volumes of Larry Ruth’s War Baby! But I’m curious about other books on the rifle as well. I thought I had heard somewhere that in one of the carbine books there were several accounts by soldiers that had shared their stories and time while in service with the Carbine. What I’m looking for in a book is multifaceted, would like some detial on production (but war baby more then has that covered), detials showing the different variations of parts from Type I to Type V or Type IV or whatever the final variant was. Also would like to read some first hand accounts as I stated earlier, and final aspect I would like to have access to in a single book is the serial block for month & year break down so I can place the timeframes of manufacture for rifles I am looking to potentially purchase, or use it as a reference for friends that are looking to do the same.

Last edited by lugernovice; 01-05-2018 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:49 PM

There is no technical info or parts breakdown, but the book: "US Infantry Weapons In Combat" is a good book about "Personal Experiences from World War II and Korea."

By Mark G. Goodwin

[email protected]
Old 01-06-2018, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisxllx View Post
There is no technical info or parts breakdown, but the book: "US Infantry Weapons In Combat" is a good book about "Personal Experiences from World War II and Korea."

By Mark G. Goodwin

Thanks for the reference Louis, what Id be interested in, is hearing or reading the experience with those weapons specifically, almost like a historical combat review