Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Talladega Marksmanship Park
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2018, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Default Winter Weather Interrupts Competition During 2017 Talladega 600

Winter Weather Interrupts Competition During 2017 Talladega 600 - TALLADEGA, Ala. – The 2017 Talladega 600 was unlike any other event fired at the Civilian Marksmanship Program’s (CMP) Talladega Marksmanship Park. Though most expected arguably chilly December weather in the South, no one predicted the eight inches of snow that blanketed the area – the most snow locals had seen in over two decades.

“I thought we chose to have this event in Alabama instead of Ohio to avoid stuff like this,” joked the Talladega employees. “It’s not even snowing in Ohio!”
Read the complete article at http://thecmp.org/winter-weather-int...talladega-600/.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:01 PM

A whole bunch of us got trapped by the snow up in North Atlanta and couldn't make it down. We e-mailed Deven to cancel out and see if we could maybe get our registration fees credited towards another match, but heard not a word back. Be nice to at least get a yes or no. I had 10" of snow at my house!
Old 01-16-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zut View Post
A whole bunch of us got trapped by the snow up in North Atlanta and couldn't make it down. We e-mailed Deven to cancel out and see if we could maybe get our registration fees credited towards another match, but heard not a word back. Be nice to at least get a yes or no. I had 10" of snow at my house!
You might do better by contacting Christina Rogulski.

Keith

Keith Schachle

Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2287
NRA XTC Service Rifle- High Master
NRA Midrange - High Master
CMP XTC Service Rifle - Master
CMP Master Instructor
Almost Perfect Attendance in the 3rd grade
Old 01-17-2018, 01:44 PM

Thanks Keith. I am going to treat my unused match fee as a "donation" to CMP. Probably best not to pre-register in the future, when weather is "iffy". I will say that there are few things more enjoyable in life than trudging thru deep snow watching a big black hunting dog at work!

Last edited by Zut; 01-18-2018 at 03:08 PM.