Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2017, 09:26 AM

I was at the NS yesterday and Bob said all the AYR they had was M2 Ball. I bought a can out of couriosity. AYR 3. Haven't opened it yet.

Last edited by DBR63; 02-17-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:18 AM

If anyone wants to trade a can of AP I would love to get in on it. Missed this one too...
Old 02-17-2017, 12:18 PM

My three cans just showed up. Two cans of AYR-3 M2 ball, one can of AYR-23 AP! I am most happy.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboothman View Post
If anyone wants to trade a can of AP I would love to get in on it. Missed this one too...
Good luck! They are already on gunbroker for three plus times more than what they were purchased from the CMP. No I'm not complaining, it's their stuff they can do what they want with it.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:04 PM

Buyers should have to sign off for personal use only, just my .02
Old 02-19-2017, 03:07 AM

Ya anyone caught flipping CMP merchandise the same week they receive it should have their membership revoked permanently.

But anyway, I would be happy to make a trade worth it.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:51 PM

It is all berdan primed.

Joe
Old 02-25-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Devil View Post
Unless you're planning on taking out lightly armored troop carriers or shooting at targets placed at 600 yards, it bewilders me why some people think getting AP is a "good" thing.

Am I missing something obvious?
There has to be someone out there who is disappointed that they received some possibly corrosive, berdan primed, AP ammo, but would rather have non-corrosive, boxer primed ball ammo, that they could shoot and reload.

Did any of you guys who buy ammo to shoot receive the possibly corrosive and berdan primed AP ammo? You can't shoot that stuff at your range? Don't want to deal with the extra cleaning requirements after shooting corrosive ammo? You wanted to reload the brass after you shot the ammo? Let's trade!

Sure, in the open market the AP may have a higher resale value than ball ammo, but I'm going on the assumption that some people bought this ammo to shoot, not just for resale. And some of you probably don't enjoy the hassle/liability of selling AP ammo via the internet.

I'd be willing to trade for your AYR AP spam cans. I have HXP spam cans on clips/bandos or boxes, HXP boxed, clipped, or loose, Lake City boxed, clipped, or loose, Remington Arms linked, or Danish (berdan primed) on clips/bandos.

If you'd like a bandoleer of AP, or some loose rounds of either AYR or Lake City AP, I can include some of that too.

I can give you better than 1:1 trade ratio, and if you reload, I can include some once fired brass.

Need something besides 30-06? Maybe some 8mm, 303 British, 7.62, 30 Carbine, 5.56, 22LR, something else? Send me a PM and I may have what you're looking for.

Need garand parts? We could probably negotiate some parts into a trade as well.

PM for more info.

Last edited by Moonlitin; 02-25-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlitin View Post
There has to be someone out there who is disappointed that they received some possibly corrosive, berdan primed, AP ammo, but would rather have non-corrosive, boxer primed ball ammo, that they could shoot and reload.

Did any of you guys who buy ammo to shoot receive the possibly corrosive and berdan primed AP ammo? You can't shoot that stuff at your range? Don't want to deal with the extra cleaning requirements after shooting corrosive ammo? You wanted to reload the brass after you shot the ammo? Let's trade!

Sure, in the open market the AP may have a higher resale value than ball ammo, but I'm going on the assumption that some people bought this ammo to shoot, not just for resale. And some of you probably don't enjoy the hassle/liability of selling AP ammo via the internet.

I'd be willing to trade for your AYR AP spam cans. I have HXP spam cans on clips/bandos or boxes, HXP boxed, clipped, or loose, Lake City boxed, clipped, or loose, Remington Arms linked, or Danish (berdan primed) on clips/bandos.

If you'd like a bandoleer of AP, or some loose rounds of either AYR or Lake City AP, I can include some of that too.

I can give you better than 1:1 trade ratio, and if you reload, I can include some once fired brass.

Need something besides 30-06? Maybe some 8mm, 303 British, 7.62, 30 Carbine, 5.56, 22LR, something else? Send me a PM and I may have what you're looking for.

Need garand parts? We could probably negotiate some parts into a trade as well.

PM for more info.
Wow. Persistent. Why do YOU WANT corrosive berdan AP ammo so bad? Just curious.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad2001 View Post
Wow. Persistent. Why do YOU WANT corrosive berdan AP ammo so bad? Just curious.
Fair question...

I have plenty of HXP, Lake City, and other offerings from the CMP, but somehow I didn't get as much of the AP as I should have.

Unlike a lot of you guys, who buy to resell for a profit, I actually shoot this stuff, but not if I have to pay the inflated reseller prices for it.

Here's a report I posted from testing some of the AYR AP back in 2011...

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=52024

And a report of the FN API I tested a year later in 2012...

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=76300

Thanks for asking!

Last edited by Moonlitin; 02-25-2017 at 11:49 AM.