Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 02-17-2017, 09:26 AM
DBR63 DBR63 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 707
Default

I was at the NS yesterday and Bob said all the AYR they had was M2 Ball. I bought a can out of couriosity. AYR 3. Haven't opened it yet.

Last edited by DBR63; 02-17-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 02-17-2017, 11:18 AM
aboothman aboothman is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: State of Jefferson - REAL Northern CA
Posts: 42
Default

If anyone wants to trade a can of AP I would love to get in on it. Missed this one too...
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 02-17-2017, 12:18 PM
distrflman distrflman is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 119
Default

My three cans just showed up. Two cans of AYR-3 M2 ball, one can of AYR-23 AP! I am most happy.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 02-17-2017, 01:04 PM
old sagarand old sagarand is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboothman View Post
If anyone wants to trade a can of AP I would love to get in on it. Missed this one too...
Good luck! They are already on gunbroker for three plus times more than what they were purchased from the CMP. No I'm not complaining, it's their stuff they can do what they want with it.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 02-17-2017, 08:04 PM
crackedwindshield crackedwindshield is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 84
Default

Buyers should have to sign off for personal use only, just my .02
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 02-19-2017, 03:07 AM
aboothman aboothman is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: State of Jefferson - REAL Northern CA
Posts: 42
Default

Ya anyone caught flipping CMP merchandise the same week they receive it should have their membership revoked permanently.

But anyway, I would be happy to make a trade worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 02-19-2017, 03:51 PM
xjda68 xjda68 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 275
Default

It is all berdan primed.

Joe
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 02-25-2017, 10:14 AM
Moonlitin Moonlitin is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Devil View Post
Unless you're planning on taking out lightly armored troop carriers or shooting at targets placed at 600 yards, it bewilders me why some people think getting AP is a "good" thing.

Am I missing something obvious?
There has to be someone out there who is disappointed that they received some possibly corrosive, berdan primed, AP ammo, but would rather have non-corrosive, boxer primed ball ammo, that they could shoot and reload.

Did any of you guys who buy ammo to shoot receive the possibly corrosive and berdan primed AP ammo? You can't shoot that stuff at your range? Don't want to deal with the extra cleaning requirements after shooting corrosive ammo? You wanted to reload the brass after you shot the ammo? Let's trade!

Sure, in the open market the AP may have a higher resale value than ball ammo, but I'm going on the assumption that some people bought this ammo to shoot, not just for resale. And some of you probably don't enjoy the hassle/liability of selling AP ammo via the internet.

I'd be willing to trade for your AYR AP spam cans. I have HXP spam cans on clips/bandos or boxes, HXP boxed, clipped, or loose, Lake City boxed, clipped, or loose, Remington Arms linked, or Danish (berdan primed) on clips/bandos.

If you'd like a bandoleer of AP, or some loose rounds of either AYR or Lake City AP, I can include some of that too.

I can give you better than 1:1 trade ratio, and if you reload, I can include some once fired brass.

Need something besides 30-06? Maybe some 8mm, 303 British, 7.62, 30 Carbine, 5.56, 22LR, something else? Send me a PM and I may have what you're looking for.

Need garand parts? We could probably negotiate some parts into a trade as well.

PM for more info.

Last edited by Moonlitin; 02-25-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 02-25-2017, 11:19 AM
kmad2001 kmad2001 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlitin View Post
There has to be someone out there who is disappointed that they received some possibly corrosive, berdan primed, AP ammo, but would rather have non-corrosive, boxer primed ball ammo, that they could shoot and reload.

Did any of you guys who buy ammo to shoot receive the possibly corrosive and berdan primed AP ammo? You can't shoot that stuff at your range? Don't want to deal with the extra cleaning requirements after shooting corrosive ammo? You wanted to reload the brass after you shot the ammo? Let's trade!

Sure, in the open market the AP may have a higher resale value than ball ammo, but I'm going on the assumption that some people bought this ammo to shoot, not just for resale. And some of you probably don't enjoy the hassle/liability of selling AP ammo via the internet.

I'd be willing to trade for your AYR AP spam cans. I have HXP spam cans on clips/bandos or boxes, HXP boxed, clipped, or loose, Lake City boxed, clipped, or loose, Remington Arms linked, or Danish (berdan primed) on clips/bandos.

If you'd like a bandoleer of AP, or some loose rounds of either AYR or Lake City AP, I can include some of that too.

I can give you better than 1:1 trade ratio, and if you reload, I can include some once fired brass.

Need something besides 30-06? Maybe some 8mm, 303 British, 7.62, 30 Carbine, 5.56, 22LR, something else? Send me a PM and I may have what you're looking for.

Need garand parts? We could probably negotiate some parts into a trade as well.

PM for more info.
Wow. Persistent. Why do YOU WANT corrosive berdan AP ammo so bad? Just curious.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 02-25-2017, 11:32 AM
Moonlitin Moonlitin is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad2001 View Post
Wow. Persistent. Why do YOU WANT corrosive berdan AP ammo so bad? Just curious.
Fair question...

I have plenty of HXP, Lake City, and other offerings from the CMP, but somehow I didn't get as much of the AP as I should have.

Unlike a lot of you guys, who buy to resell for a profit, I actually shoot this stuff, but not if I have to pay the inflated reseller prices for it.

Here's a report I posted from testing some of the AYR AP back in 2011...

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=52024

And a report of the FN API I tested a year later in 2012...

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=76300

Thanks for asking!

Last edited by Moonlitin; 02-25-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.