Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2017, 08:09 AM

Default QH Serial #

is this odd? This QH carbine looks to have a Q in front of the number, seller lists it as a 0?? Rest of the number is a valid Qh number.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-17-2017, 09:33 AM

Hmm, receiver lacks definition. Maybe from refinish. Blurred pic does not help.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:59 AM

Agree, the font does not look right to me, appears smaller than it should be but it could be the picture. With that color finish it seems refinished.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:21 PM

I thought so also as it looks "scrubbed" and a new SN put on. But it is a spring tube, needless to say with the pictures cannot see name under sight. It is a gunbroker thing, not interested in it just thought it odd with that Q or what the sell says is a 0.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:20 PM

Call me paranoid but...
Check the bridge and see if it says M1 or M2 or, well, if its also been sanded down and changed.

Just a thought...
Old 02-18-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired Retired View Post
Call me paranoid but...
Check the bridge and see if it says M1 or M2 or, well, if its also been sanded down and changed.

Just a thought...
M2 on a QH?
Old 02-18-2017, 12:29 PM

Looks wrong. QH serials usually take up all the room side to side and the font is larger.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:48 PM

Well, I am not going to assume that it was manufactured as a QH. That marking is "unique" to say the least. My paranoia is based on it may be pretending to be something it is not
- so what is it really??? The concern on it possibly being an M2 is on several possibilities - such things a 1) welded receiver halves 2) a military kit/ field conversion m2 with an armorer or depot overstrike 3) a late war Inland that may have been a drilling run out (reaching here) or even 4) a damage receiver that someone drilled out to get rid of. While all straight QH are all spring tubes, not all factory manufactured springtubes are Qualities. One should also be able to date the receiver and narrow down the manufacturer by comparing various milling marks such as the take down notch, how the gas piston is attached, if the springtube has the tab cut, etc. My own personal point is that when dealing with a suspect carbine, I ALWAYS check the ring for a 2 changed into a 1.
Just my two cents....
Old 02-18-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired Retired View Post
Well, I am not going to assume that it was manufactured as a QH. That marking is "unique" to say the least. My paranoia is based on it may be pretending to be something it is not
- so what is it really??? The concern on it possibly being an M2 is on several possibilities - such things a 1) welded receiver halves 2) a military kit/ field conversion m2 with an armorer or depot overstrike 3) a late war Inland that may have been a drilling run out (reaching here) or even 4) a damage receiver that someone drilled out to get rid of. While all straight QH are all spring tubes, not all factory manufactured springtubes are Qualities. One should also be able to date the receiver and narrow down the manufacturer by comparing various milling marks such as the take down notch, how the gas piston is attached, if the springtube has the tab cut, etc. My own personal point is that when dealing with a suspect carbine, I ALWAYS check the ring for a 2 changed into a 1.
Just my two cents....
According to Dave T, if it is truly an early QHMC, it should have the COMMA, but I can't tell from the picture for item 621239364

Old 02-18-2017, 07:21 PM

Have never seen one of the those stocks with an M2 cutout. An M2 slide?