Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > 3-Position Air Rifle
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 05:38 PM

Default 853 help

I have an 853 that was previously owned. It did not come with a sling but did come with the mounting hardware. Any idea where I can get a sling? I noticed they are different than the canvas slings I use on the M1.

To dovetail with that a club I am affiliated with just started a youth air rifle league (training). They recieved one new 853 from CMP and it had this nifty sling attachment point. The hardware is held in place with a screw that has a long handle attached. Sorry I do not have a picture of it. This allows the user to set the forward sling position with out the aid of a screwdriver to loosen the bracket that attaches to the pump handle. That was the only rifle to come with one. Was wondering if anyone knows of a source for that type of sling attachemnt? We were wanting to go to that type, if possible, because of the different sized kids we have shooting.

Lastly, I spent nearly 30 minutes trying to understand how to install the sling on those 853's. The directions were not clear and web searches did nothing to enhance my understanding. Are there any directions, photo essays, videos and such that can clear that up for me? Much appreciate the assistance.

Last edited by mdkoh; 04-11-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvPel...feature=relmfu

check on rules about safety pin
Old 04-12-2012, 11:39 AM

Pellet thank you very much for this. I looked at the sling for a long time and was totally perplexed. Just learning pellet rifle so this is all new to me. Thanks again
Old 04-14-2012, 08:28 AM

the black nylon,,,daisy?,,,it tends to slip down the arm . our 4-h rules allows a button to be sewn on the sleeve and sling sits above it,,, the button helps hold the sling loop up on the arm...most of our shooters use the web slings offered by cmp, seems there was a video on how to rig them.