Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2016, 01:17 PM

I'm pretty sure that means you order arrived after the sold out notice on 1 Feb. A key indicator is "we sold out on that day," which implies that yours wasn't there before the cut off.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin08 View Post
I'm pretty sure that means you order arrived after the sold out notice on 1 Feb. A key indicator is "we sold out on that day," which implies that yours wasn't there before the cut off.
I, too, am inclined to read it that way, especially since the CMP letter to me today was postmarked the 18th, arrived central NC on the 21st. Not sure how the mails move over the weekend, but with this single data point of a 3-day transit, there is some chance mine did not arrive until the 2nd.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:22 PM

Well it "kind of / sort of" implies your letter got there after the 1st.

I'm sure we'll be hearing more.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:25 PM

So they wrote your letter 2 days after the release deadline/sell out....then waited over a month to mail it???

I won't even to venture to guess about that....just seems really really odd now
Old 04-21-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDR1635 View Post
I, too, am inclined to read it that way, especially since the CMP letter to me today was postmarked the 18th, arrived central NC on the 21st. Not sure how the mails move over the weekend, but with this single data point of a 3-day transit, there is some chance mine did not arrive until the 2nd.
That sucks. NC to AL or AL to NC should not take three days. USPS at their best.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 04-21-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1rodeoboater View Post
So they wrote your letter 2 days after the release deadline/sell out....then waited over a month to mail it???

My guess that it is a form letter written on that day, and being that there were more urgent, pressing matters to attend to, did not get to everyone's mail until just recently.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1rodeoboater View Post

No, no ... a MONTH and 2 days. The form letter is dated MARCH 3rd.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:33 PM

my gosh, this is still going on nearly 3 months later?

Old 04-21-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duce View Post
My guess that it is a form letter written on that day, and being that there were more urgent, pressing matters to attend to, did not get to everyone's mail until just recently.
Such as counting all of those dollar bills rolling in from the sale.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDR1635 View Post
Not clear. I opted for snail mail, sent on Fri 29 Jan from central NC, assuming that would get it there on time.

The entire text of the letter I received is as follows:

"To Whom It May Concern:

Your carbine order has been received; however, it did not make the cut. Due to the high volume of orders received February 1st, we sold out on that day. The information you provided with your order will be updated in your customer account. If you do not have a customer account, we will create one for you and update accordingly. Enclosed with this letter is the check you sent with your order. For security purposes, the check has been voided. Should you have any questions, concerns, or comments, do not hesitate to contact us at (256) 835-8455.

Thank you for your continued support of the CMP!

Sincerely,
CMP Staff"

Oddly this form letter bears a date of March 3, 2016, yet the envelope carries a Birmingham AL postmark dated 18 Apr 2016.

This may be the notification process for those who chose to pay via check; shouldn't be a need for a letter in credit card situations, as that could be done via email.
Your order did not arrive on 2/1.

Read between the lines "Your carbine order has been received; however, it did not make the cut. Due to the high volume of orders received February 1st, we sold out on that day. "

You arrived after 2/1.