Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel4k View Post
No worries, just crossed my mind is all.
Granted, that's closer to a short step rather than a vast leap, lol.
I read somewhere where someone bought three cans and got shorted on all three, got 150 something in one, 170 something in another. I would have been asking for a refund.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkk41 View Post
There is also some Iranian surplus 30-06 going around loose in .30cal cans. It has Farsi 'squiggle' letter headstamps. The US sent 165,490 M1 Garands to Iran. They probably got machinery to make their own ammo , or at least the specs.
That stuff came in with some Iranian ( well... Persian ) 8mm as well through Samco. Samco is located in south Florida and went under water during a hurricane as did their ammo which they continued to sell. I heard that stuff if bad to the bone, not to be shot.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chollybob View Post
That stuff came in with some Iranian ( well... Persian ) 8mm as well through Samco. Samco is located in south Florida and went under water during a hurricane as did their ammo which they continued to sell. I heard that stuff if bad to the bone, not to be shot.
Samco went out of business years ago. Nothing to do with the hurricane.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...p-for-auction/
Old 12-22-2017, 06:09 PM

Hurricane Andrew, Aug 16,1992 did damage to SAMCO's warehouse and SEVERE damage to the owner/operators home. They stayed in business until last years bankruptcy. Most of their top tier stuff (they were always kind of a bottom feeder) was sold off before the "end".
Old 12-23-2017, 06:40 PM

Hurricane Andrew could not have damaged their place Aug 16, 1992. It didn't hit here till the early morning hours of Aug 24th and the center of the eye was over our house ( SW 280th St ). The eyewall was 8 miles drive north and on a line just south of SW 168th St ( where I spent the night at work ). Any damage north of SW 8th St was due to faulty construction or poor design. Samco was located in the area of NW 43rd St. We made a daily trek to SW 8th St and SW 177 Ave for gasoline as they still had commercial power in most of the areas north of SW 88th St.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkk41 View Post
Samco went out of business years ago. Nothing to do with the hurricane.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...p-for-auction/
I know they went under not from the hurricane but from a squabble between the owners. I was told by them years ago that a hurricane hit, not sure which one, and that their warehouse went under getting a lot of the ammo wet. Now, I don't know what they did with it, but the best thing to have done would be to throw it out. I've seen a lot of the ammo that came from this sale and quite a lot of it had water damage which leads me to believe they didn't throw it away that maybe they had other plans for it. Some of the ammo like the 7.62X45 was VERY clean and I bought a ton of it for $7.50 a box. Like Ammolab said, they sold off their best stuff first. When you got on their website, they may have had 10 to 12 guns on there and it was the same overpriced stuff they had for years so no one was buying it. I was told the two owners got into it because one had been hoarding a lot of nice stuff and wouldn't sell it so there was some nice things that came out of the bankruptcy sale but so far, I've only see pure crap. I was also told they took apart hundreds of guns for whatever reason and never put them back together. Maybe drying them out or cleaning them, who knows. This info came from a friend of mine that worked at Century Arms.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:17 AM

Default Cheap Surplus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite-box View Post
Never had bad exp with Korean.

Ka-70-71-72-73 ammo good stuff but corr . Bought a bunch yrs ago when CIA had 384rd cans for about $60 shipped.
Korean Ka...
Ha, some of that ammo was okay and then there were duds..I don't much care for digging them out of the chamber if they stuck after snapping and was aware they Could Fire after they hit the ground??.I still have some 7.62 isreali match that HAd bad brass supposedly, so one brave day might try them again in FR8 rifle..Been 20 years since i fired any of it???I understood the ammo from India was the very worst stuff followed by Iranian..IIRR. ?
Old 12-25-2017, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Korean Ka...
Ha, some of that ammo was okay and then there were duds..I don't much care for digging them out of the chamber if they stuck after snapping and was aware they Could Fire after they hit the ground??.I still have some 7.62 isreali match that HAd bad brass supposedly, so one brave day might try them again in FR8 rifle..Been 20 years since i fired any of it???I understood the ammo from India was the very worst stuff followed by Iranian..IIRR. ?
My uncle was so excited that he just bought... something like 500 rounds of the Indian .308 and I sent him some forum posts talking about what garbage it was. He pulled the bullets and loaded his own powder in each one. He brought me a 5 pound bag of the powder that came out of the ammo and there must have been 20 different types in this stuff. It was all sorts of colors and shapes and sizes LOL.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:12 AM
Banned

Dang,I just ordered 4 cans of that $99.00 a can 30.06 loose pack canned stuff from SOG says 270 rounds sold by weight, There darn sure better be 270 rds per can if its sold by weight or close to it or they're going to have a not so happy call from this old geezer,lol I can deal with the KA stuff had a can of it a couple years back shot it all with no issues,But if its that Iranian Persian crap its going right back as I bought some 8mm from a good reputable Ammo dealer a year or so ago dirt cheap,actually worse than dirt cheap almost giveaway priced and when I first shot it in my Egyptian Hakim that was some hang fireing crap there let me tell ya,You poull the trigger count to 5 and boom on a lot of it dangerous as heck,,But I did manage to fix it which leads me to believe the story about Samco,s Warehouse going underwater,I left those ammo cans in my hot garage here in florida all closed up all year,took some out after a year and every single round has fired flawlessly,I believe we had some wet or damp powder and primers in that I still have some still shooting it today as i bought several thousand rounds
Old 01-23-2018, 09:55 PM

Default SOG ammo

I just received my can and ended up with 262 rnds, it was a little dirty so i wiped it down with an oily rag. The biggest thing was some of the rnds had small dents, would they be dangerous to shoot? What would be the best way to clean the barrel after shooting it. It was all KA 71 stamped. I guess u live and learn but they were kind of vague when I called and ask about it, they told me
"we have never had any problems the ammo"