10 cans a year 117 52.23%
15 cans a year 27 12.05%
Sell to youth programs only 0 0%
10 cans and 1 extra can for each M1 Purchased 36 16.07%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANinMICH View Post
If you allow one additional can for each garand purchased you will have two new sets of complainers:

1- "I can only afford one garand per lifetime but I want ammo to shoot it"

2- "It's the profiteers that are buying 12 garands a year, now you are rewarding them with additional ammo"

There is no limit on purchases that will ever be considered "fair". The only logical move is to sell it at street price of $150+ per can. This will (theoretically) filter out the "profiteers" by removing their profit margins. It will also control sales pace and extend inventory life to appease those that think it will last forever.
I noticed a dealer at the last gunshow I attended had ten or so cans priced at $140.00, and he took all ten cans home with him Sunday. Maybe there's two street prices involved. One is the price the dealer is asking, the other the one the customer is willing to pay.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie59 View Post
I noticed a dealer at the last gunshow I attended had ten or so cans priced at $140.00, and he took all ten cans home with him Sunday. Maybe there's two street prices involved. One is the price the dealer is asking, the other the one the customer is willing to pay.
Same here. I saw a lot of ammo sitting, not being sold.

Now, back in June, that was a different story. People were paying stoopid prices. Today? Not so much...

On a different front, this am, I picked up 800 rnds (500 mixed LC/HXP and 300 Match) for a -very- fair price, from a local shooter, and UPS dropped off another 175 rnds of mixed LC/HXP for a -very, very- good price!...

Jamie
Old 11-26-2009, 12:38 AM

There is a lot of ammo not getting sold, even Walmart is getting more than they can sell and lots of it is cheaper than current wholesale pricing. The 40 and 38 was much less than wholesale.
Most of the ammo I have seen at Gun Shows is not selling like it was and either people have all they need or are getting wise on supply and demand.
Stop buying and the price and supply will favor the buyer.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:53 PM

It should be based on your average scores at Perry. The lower your scores, the more ammo you need to use for practice. Those top shooters hardly need any ammo at all, they are harvesting Gold medals left and right. Those who are shooting poorly should be able to buy as much as needed to bring them up to the Gold level. This is the obvious solution to the ammo dilemma. Swede
Old 11-26-2009, 11:10 PM

The poll shows a majority that are happy with a ten can limit when I checked. The button I'd have clicked (if it were there) is "I vote for Orest", but otherwise 10 is fine for me too.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavaTech View Post
The poll shows a majority that are happy with a ten can limit when I checked. The button I'd have clicked (if it were there) is "I vote for Orest", but otherwise 10 is fine for me too.
I wish I knew how to make the butt kissing icon.....butt I guess you get the idea....

Nice shot, George.....

LEGAL Citizen/Immigrant since 1964
NRA Life Member
Old 11-27-2009, 12:57 AM

Sad News FOR Everyone Here
This new batch will RUN OUT too, sooner or later it too will dry up
Old 11-27-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavaTech View Post
By majority, are we talking about 51%? The numbers I see show that a substantial amount of members do not want a ten can limit.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:37 PM

144 want some type of limit, 24 do not. Maybe we can get more to votes for a better % of members.

Not that this makes any difference on how CMP will sell ammo, it does give everyone a vote as to how members feel without personal tones. Just straight out voting.

I for one do trust the judgement of CMP better than my own in these decisions.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldSwede View Post
It should be based on your average scores at Perry. The lower your scores, the more ammo you need to use for practice. Those top shooters hardly need any ammo at all, they are harvesting Gold medals left and right. Those who are shooting poorly should be able to buy as much as needed to bring them up to the Gold level. This is the obvious solution to the ammo dilemma. Swede
That makes some logic there...

Eric