Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Site Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epm729 View Post
As my dad used to say, " common sense isn't all that common".
How true...
Old 01-25-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epm729 View Post
As my dad used to say, " common sense isn't all that common".
Your Dad was a wise man!!!!

AB
Old 01-25-2012, 09:44 PM

Hot off the Internet Press tonight 25 JAN 2012: CMP speaks:

GARANDS FROM KOREA: Once again our phone lines and email boxes are flooded with requests for information on the purchase of M1 Garands from Korea. The Korea Times reported last week that the U.S. Government had approved Korea's request to sell 86,000 M1 Garands to U.S. importers.

CMP is not a firearms importer and if these rifles are sold to U.S. importers, they will not come to the CMP or be sold by the CMP. We will not have any information on the sale of these rifles.

Thank you for your continued support.

Orest Michaels
Chief Operating Officer
Old 08-30-2013, 08:07 AM

Default Obama Creates Executive Order Barring Reimportation of Military-Grade Weapons by Privateers

Pulled this from AP's website today:

POWERS LIMITED, OBAMA, BIDEN SEEK ACTION ON GUNS
By JOSH LEDERMAN
Aug. 29 5:44 PM EDT

"WASHINGTON (AP) Months after gun control efforts crumbled in Congress, Vice President Joe Biden stood shoulder to shoulder Thursday with the attorney general and the top U.S. firearms official and declared the Obama administration would take two new steps to curb American gun violence..."

"...One new policy will bar military-grade weapons that the U.S. sells or donates to allies from being imported back into the U.S. by private entities. In the last eight years, the U.S. has approved 250,000 of those guns to come back to the U.S., the White House said, arguing that some end up on the streets. From now on, only museums and a few other entities like the government will be eligible to reimport military-grade firearms.

"The ban will largely affect antiquated, World War II-era weapons that, while still deadly, rarely turn up at crime scenes, leaving some to question whether the new policy is much ado about nothing.

"Banning these rifles because of their use in quote-unquote crimes is like banning Model Ts because so many of them are being used as getaway cars in bank robberies," said Ed Woods, a 47-year-old from the Chico area of northern California..."

Reference:
Associated Press (2013). Retrieved from http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-ex...-control-steps

Has anyone EVER heard of an M-1 Garand, or an M-1 Carbine being used in a robbery, home invasion, car hijacking, mugging, or any other violent crime?? These two "leaders" make me wanna yak... just plain pathetic.

SGM
Old 08-30-2013, 09:46 AM

QUOTE SGM
Has anyone EVER heard of an M-1 Garand, or an M-1 Carbine being used in a robbery, home invasion, car hijacking, mugging, or any other violent crime?? These two "leaders" make me wanna yak... just plain pathetic.

An M-1 Carbine was use in the murder of DEPUTY KYLE DINKHELLER. I Don't know if is was a surplus or commercial

Last edited by malibu12; 08-30-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:08 PM

Default Best Start Writing!

All I can recommend to you folks is that if you still want to be able to buy M1 Garands, 1903 Springfields, etc., that you tell your Senators and Congressmen that these executive orders are wrong.
Yes, the courts have determined that executive orders have the force of federal law, but my experience has been, you do not obey an unlawful order, you do not obey a bad law which causes more harm than good, and you damned sure don't let anyone tread on your Constitutional rights.

I have one M1, I wouldn't mind having another, but if these executive orders aren't overturned by Congress, we're going to see the last of them. Just my opinion.

-- Ben Franklin, 1755, to the Pennsylvania State Legislature

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

-- US President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt in an editorial to the Kansas City Star May 7, 1918
Old 09-02-2013, 04:51 PM

Default Obama

Comment removed by staff. Do not do this again.

Last edited by precision40; 09-04-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:00 AM

Default Korean Garands Blocked

Got this e-mail dated 19 Sep 13. Last week, the Obama Administration stopped the importation of M1 Garands and M1 Carbines. There were 84,000 M1 Garands almost ready to come in from Korea and President Obama stopped them. The Administration is announcing a new policy of denying requests to bring military-grade firearms back into the United States to private entities with only a few exceptions such as for museums. The Presidents recent decision will not allow the M1 Garand rifle to be imported into the United States.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky314 View Post
Got this e-mail dated 19 Sep 13. Last week, the Obama Administration stopped the importation of M1 Garands and M1 Carbines. There were 84,000 M1 Garands almost ready to come in from Korea and President Obama stopped them. The Administration is announcing a new policy of denying requests to bring military-grade firearms back into the United States to private entities with only a few exceptions such as for museums. The Presidents recent decision will not allow the M1 Garand rifle to be imported into the United States.
Everybody around here has received this e-mail.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:22 PM

Patty Hearst carried an M-1 Carbine in that bank robbery photograph.

Last edited by milgunsguy; 09-25-2018 at 09:22 AM.