Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Banned

There was a complete article by Palaster about SOG in Vietnam recently in Percision Shooting. Reloading small arms ammo with HE then putting it back in enemys hands. Precision Shooting will send you a free issue. Maybe you could ask for that one.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:12 PM

Those fighter jets still remaining in the Iranian arsenal are probably leftovers from sold fighters to the Shah's regime back in the day.

I've heard that the US Air Force has standing orders to destroy any spare parts for the F-14 fighter, and any remaining Iranian F-14s still in service have a severe shortage of spare parts.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:07 PM

The Air Force never had F-14's. They were Navy planes. But, since they were decommissioned, I suppose the boneyard at Davis Monthan Air Force Base probably has them now, so they could be considered Air Force planes now. I doubt they'd honor any spare parts purchase requests from Tehran. LOL
But, in my humble opinion, we should sell them the parts. We just make some microscopic modifications to certain parts just before shipping. You know, just to make life "interesting" for Iranian pilots. hee hee
Old 09-15-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWilly View Post
But, in my humble opinion, we should sell them the parts. We just make some microscopic modifications to certain parts just before shipping. You know, just to make life "interesting" for Iranian pilots. hee hee
In spirit with Operation Eldest Son, I agree.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzwei View Post
Does "bredan" primer make it not easily reloadble in the states

As I'm sure it was just a typo/spelling error, just in case, I thought I'd make sure and point out it's berdan.

And as already mentioned, not reloadable. Though there is someone that's tired and supposedly done it. It was linked on another forum and I couldn't begin to remember where. I do however remember his method was a royal pain and too much to deal with.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:22 AM

Mind as well buy the Greek HXP which is Boxer primed and reloadable for around the same price if not better price per round from the CMP.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:52 PM

during my time in Iraq we captured some 1917 enfields in 06 and there was apic on one of the other forums of a GI captured m-1. would not surprise me if more are out there. Unfortunately all the guns we captured from insurgents were either- given to iraqi security forces(the modern stuff ak's, g-3's)
the older obsolete stuff is being cut up/torched.a real shame
Old 09-16-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorD View Post
during my time in Iraq we captured some 1917 enfields in 06 and there was apic on one of the other forums of a GI captured m-1. would not surprise me if more are out there. Unfortunately all the guns we captured from insurgents were either- given to iraqi security forces(the modern stuff ak's, g-3's)
the older obsolete stuff is being cut up/torched.a real shame
Too bad they don't sell it back to US citizens (maybe they could use the proceeds to cover some of their funding gap) or at the very least give them to CMP.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:35 PM

Believe those way too powerful loads were called bolo beans. Cache of rounds found, some were replaced w few of em.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedTerrain40 View Post
Also, Iranians are not generally Arabs. And their main language is Farsi, not Arabic. Its too bad we could not get this country back on our side.

Eric
True, calling an Iranian an 'arab' is an insult. They will proudly tell you they are Persians. Throughout their history they once conquered much of the known world, most noted for their victory over Sparta at Thermopylae.

It sucks hard to think back 30+ years ago they were solid allies
in one of the most unstable regions on the planet.
bill

SA M1 Garand X2, Shuff's SA M1 Mini-G, Inland M1 'hand stamp' Carbine, NPM M1 Carbine, Remington 03-A3, Ithaca 1911A1, RR 1911A1

CMP/forum member since April 2005. For the love of all that is holy, if we do business do me a solid and leave feedback. I'll do the same for you.