Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other > Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2019, 12:01 PM

I've had the same experience regarding cases. Win seems to be about the shortest lived cases I've used in .30-06. I've got R-P cases I'm sure I've loaded at least 50 times in the M1.

Are you also using 50 gr. in the M1? I've ran mine up to 49 grs, but currently using 48.

After I got my No. 4 Enfield dialed in at 200 with my match load, I put a few drops of locktite on the screw; my hat brim kept moving the elevation screw during recoil (the adjustment knob it at the top of the sight). The locktite stopped that, but now it's frozen, I'll have to heat it if I want to move it!
Old 07-17-2019, 01:13 PM

Geoff,
I use the same 50gr load in each wood gun. I load the 125gr/50gr h4895 and put them in an ammo can. Whichever wood gun I shoot gets ammo from that can.

I am bad about using brass too many times, I admit. To me...nothing is better than good ole HXP brass for games matches at 200yds. I can shoot a group of 5 for each Win, RP, Lapua, and HXP. Group size just doesn't seem affected. I have a pic somewhere of a 10 shot group I shot using about 5 different manufacturers brass and all were in the 10 ring.

Good tip on the sight. I'll put a dab of clear nail-polish on it. thanks

Keith

Keith Schachle

Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2287
Presidents Hundred (Top 20 Shootoff)
NRA XTC Service Rifle- High Master
NRA Midrange - High Master
CMP XTC Service Rifle - Master
CMP Master Instructor
Almost Perfect Attendance in the 3rd grade
Old 07-24-2019, 10:23 AM

H4895 data at Hodgdon's site suggests that load will be right at about 44 kCUP or 53 kpsi and would get 3066 fps all in their test barrel. (Note: The data is given in CUP by Hodgdon. I estimated psi for the 30-06 multiplying the CUP data by the ratio of the SAAMI maximums for psi and CUP (60,000 psi and 50,000 CUP) as SAAMI uses the same lots of reference ammunition in both crushers and piezo transducer to establish maximum average pressures for both scales. This approach should neutralize differences in conversion factors for the individual cartridge type, but has a 500 psi resolution limit.)

Gunsite Orange Hat Family Member
CMP Certified GSM Master Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Patron Member
ORPA Life Member