X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wakko
    • Jun 2010

I use Gmail.
    I don't get notifications and have no idea how to fix it..!

Comment

• Roadkingtrax
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by ORN197 View Post
      >>Gmail user here<<

Well, I guess 747 and I won't be doing any business.

None of the "free" e-mail services are readily verifiable. What am I supposed to use, my corporate (work) e-mail?
      Handwritten correspondence and wax seals apparently.

Comment

• SpearheadOrd
        • Nov 2012

use of Gmail

I also use Gmail as I cannot use my US Government or Corporate email address' during the duty day to conduct personal business. However I either post my address on the forum or provide it in a PM to receive pictures or discuss a transaction.

So I take the chance of being ignored by some on the forum, or hope that my non fractured use of the English language, or the fact that I have an accessible profile on this forum will allay the fears of skeptical forum members.

And here I thought the scammers were limiting themselves to ripping people of in the used car scams on Craig's list.....

Mark

Comment

• water monkey
          • Mar 2015

I also use Gmail as my paypal acct address and have done several transactions with various members here.

Comment

• Strnge
            • Dec 2015

I only use hotmail and have had that account since 1990. Never used a single internet providers supplied account.
            My Feedback Page:

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....87#post1411587

Comment

• jeremy69
              • Apr 2010

I am another Gmail user. I always look at post count, join date and look at their posts to see what they are discussing. You can usually tell who is full of it one way or another.
              My feedback thread:
              http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....76#post1929876

Comment

• Eliyahu
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by B747crew View Post
                BTW. Using Gmail is a major give away for scammers. If anything comes to me with a gmail account I trash it.
                That may have been the case at one time, not so much any more. I've used Gmail exclusively for over a decade, I only had an 'IAP' (Internet Access Provider) instead of an ISP (Internet Service Provider) that didn't provide email and didn't offer it without domain hosting.

Eli
                Formerly "Eli" - vBulletin won't allow 3-character user names!
                I buy "Tipo II" and BM59 parts

Comment

• Submerge
                  • Apr 2014

Just received a PM from JHALL about a part I was looking for. He was not the one I contacted. So I'll ignore it.

Comment

• 4gun-drill
                    • Oct 2009

I recieved a PM from JHALL earlier today. It was for a WTB I posted a month ago.

Comment

• Topkick
                      • Jan 2012

I received one also, I reported it to Big Red.

Comment

• colin.lee.williams
                        • Nov 2010

Success

Well, it sounds Precision40 / Rex putting this up front with a sticky has saved at least one more forum member from a potential scam. -Thanks Rex.

My 0645hrs phone call when I was driving to work was none other than jhall, kelvin, or someone else calling from his 501 area code / Arkansas phone number.

I Blocked him and have not had my computer hacked yet....or at least not that I am aware of.

And...also a gmail user here....for years. More reliable communications for me.... I can keep all old emails....to help me keep track of things...

I agree with other comments here...I look at join date, name, #of posts, to get an initial impression of who I may be dealing with.

By the way....all three scammers contacted me thru the forum PM initially. Not to say that system is flawed or any better than email...just passing along that they hit me up that way as well.

r/
                        Colin

Comment

• JJBell83
                          • Apr 2014

He is at it again... Under the name lazguns101. Beware!

Comment

• nobody
                            • Jan 2014

What's email ??.
                            I just sent a handwritten letter in cursive with speelling mistakes. (Brain doesn't have speeel check)

Comment

• 36ID_Redleg
                              • Nov 2015

BEWARE: jhall5754, gunsgoner12, kthom116

Ditto to all the comments previous. I just received an answer to a WTB from "lazguns101" with a directive to respond to [email protected]. The response fits all of the characteristics identified by previous commenters. Recommend to Moderator to add lazguns101 to the banned and blocked list.

Comment

• Big_Red
                                Super Moderator
                                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Submerge View Post
                                Just received a PM from JHALL about a part I was looking for. He was not the one I contacted. So I'll ignore it.
                                Originally posted by 4gun-drill View Post
                                I recieved a PM from JHALL earlier today. It was for a WTB I posted a month ago.
                                Are you guys saying you got a PM from a username of "JHALL"?
                                I checked and find no username for JHALL. Just the previous one of jhall5475, which was banned.

Please post the content of the PM with the header info so we can see the username.

Originally posted by Topkick View Post
                                I received one also, I reported it to Big Red.
                                Originally posted by 36ID_Redleg View Post
                                I just received an answer to a WTB from "lazguns101" with a directive to respond to [email protected]. Recommend to Moderator to add lazguns101 to the banned and blocked list.
                                Got it Tom, and done...lazguns101 is banned.

*Break*
                                For everyone,
                                No need/no use to debate what web-based e-mail these people use/which is more susceptible to scams, etc....they use all of them, and as mentioned earlier by someone, anyone can create an email account with them.

And when a forum account is created here, it's not the email address that is being verified anyway....the email, whatever it is, is just used to send a verification email so the USER can be verified.

Thank you.
                                Proud son of a Vietnam Veteran (1969, 1970) - In memoriam
                                OEF - '02, '08 / OIF - '03, '10 / OND - '11 / OIR/OEF - '15

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544

Comment

Working...
                                X