Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikesdad View Post
Personally, I would rather not flip the coin.
Look at this link. It is a for sale of a Santa Fe receiver. Quite like the nat'l Ord.
He is running a disclaimer.
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=239902
Old 01-21-2019, 09:02 AM

This thread is like a bad penny- it keeps popping up on the "New Posts" page even though everything that needs to be said has been.

You aught to do the world a favor and cut your NO receiver in half. Take it out of circulation and prevent someone else from making the same mistake you did.

Enough said.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:22 AM

BTT.... Sorry, I just had to do that. If the OP would sell it to me, I’ll swap in my spare Remington 1943 03A3 receiver, then demill the NO receiver by cutting out the lower locking lug and barrel threads on a Bridgeport. I’ll send it back as a paperweight/conversation piece.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaTango View Post
BTT.... Sorry, I just had to do that. If the OP would sell it to me, I’ll swap in my spare Remington 1943 03A3 receiver, then demill the NO receiver by cutting out the lower locking lug and barrel threads on a Bridgeport. I’ll send it back as a paperweight/conversation piece.
Would demilling the receiver in that way actually count as being destroyed? I thought there was some specific way it needed to be done- torch cut? Or, maybe that is only for a machine gun?
Old 01-21-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeroub View Post
Would demilling the receiver in that way actually count as being destroyed? I thought there was some specific way it needed to be done- torch cut? Or, maybe that is only for a machine gun?
Of course it would. There's no legal requirement here just to render it unusable.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwagon View Post
Of course it would. There's no legal requirement here just to render it unusable.
I meant (but didnt say) that DeltaTango couldn't just send the modified receiver back to ADjam5 in another state without going through an FFL, as it would still technically be a gun. But yes, the machined receiver would no longer be usable and might make for an interesting paperweight.

Last edited by Jakeroub; 01-21-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:31 AM

Sarco sends demilled drill rifles directly to customers. I have a picture of one that belongs to a buddy. It’s really a shame, as it was a beautiful rifle. I have a picture of the demilled cut, it’s very thorough. I haven’t tried posting pictures here yet, but can email to someone, if interested.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
I meant (but didnt say) that DeltaTango couldn't just send the modified receiver back to ADjam5 in another state without going through an FFL, as it would still technically be a gun. But yes, the machined receiver would no longer be usable and might make for an interesting paperweight.
Ok, if that was the question, then here is the answer:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-pro...stroy-firearms
Old 01-21-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
This thread is like a bad penny- it keeps popping up on the "New Posts" page even though everything that needs to be said has been.

You aught to do the world a favor and cut your NO receiver in half. Take it out of circulation and prevent someone else from making the same mistake you did.

Enough said.
Not while they are going in the $6-800 range I'm not. Apparently YOU did not read the whole post...that keeps popping up again
Go back a few pages. Look at the past GB auctions for NO 03A3's.
Guess you know more than the two buyers of those NO rifles.
Me?...I made no mistake. The gun was given to me. I know it is worth 6-800 from current gun broker auctions within the last 2 weeks.
Maybe YOU have that kind of disposable income. But I am in possession of something that you call junk ...BUT is worth a lot more to someone else.
Tell ya what...I'll sell it to you for $600 and YOU can cut the receiver up and do the world a favor....Deal?

Last edited by ADjam5; 01-21-2019 at 11:24 AM.