Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > How To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2019, 06:11 PM

I enjoyed the videos. I think the standard set by Mr. Ocab for target service in his videos is a worthy standard (10 seconds). I would add that the NRA Highpower rules note that the normal time required from firing the shot until the target is again ready averages 15-18 seconds. So don't stress if you are running longer than 10 seconds and are new to the game. The shooter appreciates it if you can keep things humming. I preferred to take an extra second for quality control - proper contrast for spotting disk, scoring disk correct, that sort of thing.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutter View Post
I enjoyed the videos. I think the standard set by Mr. Ocab for target service in his videos is a worthy standard (10 seconds). I would add that the NRA Highpower rules note that the normal time required from firing the shot until the target is again ready averages 15-18 seconds. So don't stress if you are running longer than 10 seconds and are new to the game. The shooter appreciates it if you can keep things humming. I preferred to take an extra second for quality control - proper contrast for spotting disk, scoring disk correct, that sort of thing.
As a shooter (these things should not bother you but) i rather have the puller take longer than rush dump the target 1/2 way up then yank it down to move spotter or score disc. Actually i would rather they toss it up and wait for a line/shooter to call out to fix any mistakes.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:33 PM

Default Halfway up but then yanking back down

Oh yes! Agreed. The yanking the target back down makes you wonder when the target is really up. Or is it going to stay up or something else will cause the puller to yank it down.