Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2015, 01:18 PM

Default WTS Winchester 52E

This rifle has been sold. Thank you!

After a good deal of thought I have decided to sell off part of my personal collection. I have more rifles than I can shoot and I don’t get out to shoot as much as I would like.

The first rifle I’m offering is a unfired Winchester Model 52E serial number E1244XX. This rifle has never had sights mounted on it or iron sight bases. It has a beautiful honey colored walnut stock with a lot of fiddle back. The original owner was a Winchester salesman from Arizona. It is believed to have been the first 52E produced in 1972 (per George Madis), but Winchester records are not clear. Warren Newman at the Cody Firearms Museum could not provide a definitive answer to my inquiries. He mostly passed on the same information found in Herbert G. Houze book on the Winchester 52 which had little information on E models. There is no box or hang tags with the rifle.

Overall, this is a jewel of a gun and made in limited numbers. It’s the standard heavy barreled position model similar to the D series, with the round receiver, recessed muzzle, and flat bolt handle specific to the 52 E. Pictures are available.
I’m asking $3000 plus S&H. Partial trades are acceptable if you have GI M14 parts to trade. FFL transfer required.

Ted Brown
7025 Whitewater Dr.
Jacksonville, OR 97530
541-899-8109

Last edited by Ted Brown; 07-02-2015 at 03:21 PM.