Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
I canít see how the new store location will be better for customers, especially during the matches.

But far more important than parking or space or facilities in general is the question of whether or not the CMP is going to change their mindset regarding when, what kind, and how many rifles get sent north versus how many stay for the South Store and for mail order.

An empty store is an empty store.
Absolutely agree!
Old 02-08-2020, 11:16 AM

They won't be in a CMP-alone building, so among other things, lower heating bills.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:22 AM

I think logistics dictate what goes to the North Store...and unfortunately that means less goodies than down south!!
Old 02-08-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T38Carbine View Post
I think logistics dictate what goes to the North Store...and unfortunately that means less goodies than down south!!
As I hinted at, changes in the amount of inventory and types of rifles offered and increases in the frequency of delivery to the NS would necessarily require a change in the current philosophy and/or agenda at the CMP. Iím not holding my breath but it could happen to some degree. Otherwise all the talk about parking and space and how great the new store will be for the cmp or the customer is sort of irrelevant.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:45 PM

I think the new store location makes sense for the CMP at this stage in the game. With the reduced amount of rifles coming available on the market they just don't need all the space in the current location. I have been visiting the North Store since 2006. In those days there were racks upon racks of rifles to chose from. That is not the case any longer. From a business standpoint, it does not make sense to maintain a facility that is only partially utilized.

I recently had an opportunity to visit the new South Store location. I would say the store is more of a CMP boutique than what the South Store used to be. The inventory is much reduced but I suspect that the amount of inventory being offered is in line with the current supply that the CMP has to process.

I think the North Store will be in line with that. While I was at the South Store they had an air rifle match in progress and it was nice to see the store in the same facility as the activity of young shooters. Perhaps by moving the North Store to a location closer to the air rifle range at Camp Perry they will serve to right-size the facility and draw more traffic and be able to offer more supplies and equipment to the next generation of shooters. This is their mission.

Sawraihchra
Old 02-14-2020, 06:30 PM

I want dibs on one of the old center store racks!
Old 02-14-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman0 View Post
I want dibs on one of the old center store racks!
I second the motion!
Old 02-15-2020, 10:25 AM

I don’t see a big benefit from leaving the warehouse they’re in. That warehouse looks like it stores equipment for the matches. I am more concerned about the possibility that N will be seasonal. Probably open during the matches and when inventory warrants it. Just my thoughts and pure speculation.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLD View Post
I donít see a big benefit from leaving the warehouse theyíre in. That warehouse looks like it stores equipment for the matches. I am more concerned about the possibility that N will be seasonal. Probably open during the matches and when inventory warrants it. Just my thoughts and pure speculation.
I agree and was always nice on a crappy day to come inside and form the line, rather than standing outside wet and or cold.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:44 AM

I went to the north store yesterday & talked to Jim he said the new store will have about the same floor space. They didnít have much to choose from In rifles. All clothing & hats were on sale. They had free pollsters, pins, & stickers. I overheard him tell another customer they are planning a customer appreciation day when they reopen. I ask about the rifle display racks & he said they are being repainted & will be used in the new store.