Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2020, 06:06 AM

Default Enhanced Drivers License?

I am deciding if I am making the trip this morning or not. I have made purchases from CMP before. But I wanted to make sure I had correct documents. I see the updated website says we need the enhanced drivers license. I have not gotten that yet and was basically putting it off till that last minute of course. Will my current license still be ok?
Old 02-13-2020, 06:53 AM

Just looked.

Seems that is only required for proof of citizenship. If you have other proof of citizenship, my guess is you should be good to go.

You might want to verify with a call or email to customer service.

Phone: (256) 835-8455
Fax: (256) 835-3527
E-mail: custserve@thecmp.org

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 02-13-2020, 07:32 AM

Guessing here: DL & birth certificate, SS card. Or, passport if you have one.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:46 AM

Default dl

SS card is not proof of citizenship, you will need birth cert., passport, military ID ( if E5 or above), Federal LEO creds.. If you have already purchased before from CMP, you may just need to update club or notary.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:36 AM

A standard DL is still valid for ID in the US. A REAL ID or Enhanced DL (EDL) is acceptable ID for domestic flights or to enter certain federal facilities. CMP is not a federal agency or facility so I doubt they would require a READ ID or EDL.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillySteph View Post
I am deciding if I am making the trip this morning or not. I have made purchases from CMP before. But I wanted to make sure I had correct documents. I see the updated website says we need the enhanced drivers license. I have not gotten that yet and was basically putting it off till that last minute of course. Will my current license still be ok?
Per http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/eligibility-requirements/ the proof of citizenship requirements are:

"You must provide a copy of a U.S. birth certificate, an enhanced driver’s license, passport, proof of naturalization, or any official government document (when using a military ID to prove citizenship, must be an E5 or above) that shows birth in the U.S. or states citizenship as U.S. Law enforcement status if you are a Federal officer."

So, no, a regular driver's license won't work for this requirement. If you've got any of the others you're in good shape.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-13-2020, 09:27 PM

Default DL

What is an “enhanced” driving license?
Old 02-13-2020, 09:57 PM

It worked out fine today. No issues with the standard DL. I am still going to wait till the last minute, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyO View Post
Per http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/eligibility-requirements/ the proof of citizenship requirements are:

"You must provide a copy of a U.S. birth certificate, an enhanced driver’s license, passport, proof of naturalization, or any official government document (when using a military ID to prove citizenship, must be an E5 or above) that shows birth in the U.S. or states citizenship as U.S. Law enforcement status if you are a Federal officer."

So, no, a regular driver's license won't work for this requirement. If you've got any of the others you're in good shape.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-14-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
What is an “enhanced” driving license?
I think they're talking about "Real ID"...post-9/11 identification:

https://www.dhs.gov/real-id
Old 02-18-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillySteph View Post
It worked out fine today. No issues with the standard DL. I am still going to wait till the last minute, lol.
Wait for the last minute for what? You aren't required to get the license.