Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2010, 09:15 PM

For thoese who say: (Just be Honest)
Your either suffering from a light concussion, your slightly delusional because your newly married or you have been married for less than 15yrs.
With my sweet loving wife, every honesty will not go unpunished and has it's price.
Their is always a price you must pay, even with the understanding wifes.
Even the nicest wifes will get payback. lol
So........ I just trick her as long as I can, so by the time I have to buy the big one, we come out even
Then were both happy. How much better can it get then that?
Old 02-01-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
Best defense is a good offense. Bring them all out. If she questions you, act surprised and tell her that you've had them for years and thought that she knew about them. In fact you're certain that she's seen all of them already so what's the big deal? You got one in a trade for some old tools, the other one was a special club purchase that you got for peanuts, you won another one at a gun bash years ago.....etc etc. She may try to protest your all-out assault, but will more than likely end up walking away babbling to herself. After that, you're home free.
This is the way to go.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cops504 View Post
For thoese who say: (Just be Honest)
Your either suffering from a light concussion, your slightly delusional because your newly married or you have been married for less than 15yrs.
With my sweet loving wife, every honesty will not go unpunished and has it's price.
Their is always a price you must pay, even with the understanding wifes.
Even the nicest wifes will get payback. lol
So........ I just trick her as long as I can, so by the time I have to buy the big one, we come out even
Then were both happy. How much better can it get then that?
These 30 somethings don't understand that what you post here is reality.

I love the guys who say "Yeah, my wife is cool.. She's not like other wives"...

I usually find out those are the ones that turn out to be the worst.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7TCU View Post
Get a life get a pair or just get the divorce over with you would be in worse shape than Tiger Wood's if your wife had a clue Before I got married I told the wife I got a race car guns boat I like to hunt and fish alot if its going to be a problem just save the both of us the headache down the road if any of that will be a problem she has been great I let her do what she does and she lets me do what I do no promlems
I would get a pair, but the wife won't give back the one she has locked up.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:47 PM

Just read this entire thread from begining to end. My sides hurt from laughing. There are a few uptight posters but it's obvious that most is in jest.

Right now the better half and I are working on plans to remodel the kitchen. Cooking is a passion for both of us. Part of the work involves converting the laundry room into a pantry and relocating the washer and dryer to the garage. The current small built-in pantry is adjacent to the gun closet in the ManCave (her name for it). The built-in will be removed and the hole in the kitchen wall filled in. The gun closet will be expanded into the new space. If my measurements are correct there will be room for about 14 additional long guns. She's cool with it as long as new aquisitions don't affect household budget or savings. I had two guns when we got married 37 years ago, a .22 rifle and a 12ga shotgun. Now there are more than can be counted on both hands and feet. She likes to hunt and fish and spend time at the gun range. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Kerry
Old 02-01-2010, 07:11 PM

Beanpole does she have any sisters? haha. j/k
Old 02-01-2010, 09:25 PM

House,

Yeah, there are four of them. Unfortunately they are all currently married, although it is the second or third time for all of them. Maybe there's hope for you.

Kerry
Old 02-01-2010, 10:01 PM

Lined up in a closet so my wife can keep track. Honesty is always the best policy.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to deputy85

you know how a real man hides his guns from his wife? a real man doesnt have to!!!! she wants a roof over her head i get to buy what i want!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:26 PM

Smile Thinking of Bill Cosby

I read this thread periodically just to keep smiling.

I have only been collecting for a year - so have fewer guns than some. However, whenever I read this thread, I think of the Bill Cosby skit -

" So, I come home, and there's the kid, on top of the counter, with his hand in the cookie jar. So I say, "And just what are you doing with those cookies?!?

"And I get this sweet smile (that I know is a lie), "They're for YOU!""

I've tried this on the wife with guns - it doesn't really work, but it makes her laugh.

"Life is Good!"

Edit - I just showed her the thread - she laughed. Of course, we're still newlyweds - married June 26, 1982! My wife -

Last edited by steelap; 02-01-2010 at 10:35 PM.