Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2010, 04:04 PM

Default Std. Products racker arrives

Luck of the draw pays off again. My Std. Products rack grade #21602xx was delivered this morning. Augusta Arsenal stamps on S'G' stock with faint SG in a box and ordnance stamp still showing. Muzzle gauges just a tad over 2 on a Underwood 1-44 barrel. Inland PI in a circle type A-3 slide. SG trigger guard, WA type D hammer, E-SG mag catch, W recoil plate, SG flat bolt, Flip safety has a w inside what looks like a strange horseshoe. The only "issue" is the rear sight is bent on the left side and the front band has a little pitting. Other than that, it is great.

Here are photos of the metal. The stock is sitting in CitriStrip as it was covered in flaking varnish. Will try and get photos when its finished.

This is my 7th racker and the only one that didn't meet the service grade description was the Inland that I got last month. The CMP is great.

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 02-18-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:16 PM

Nice one, I hope my luck is as good as yours, sent mine last week, DBU today, my problem is also today that service grades are available again. Temped to contact customer service for upgrade.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det. Jason 714 View Post
Nice one, I hope my luck is as good as yours, sent mine last week, DBU today, my problem is also today that service grades are available again. Temped to contact customer service for upgrade.
I was thinking the same when I saw this morning that they had Std. Products service grade, but mine had already shipped. I'm glad I wasn't able to change it as I ended up with a keeper and saved some money. The rackers have been very good to me and with the money I have saved, I can afford to buy another carbine or fix up the one Inland if needed.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:20 PM

Here is the stock fresh from CitriStrip. No finishing yet. It's a keeper.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike in NC

It is most likely a Saginaw S.G. stock and not a Saginaw S'G' (Garand Rapids) stock since the SG marking runs horizontal and not vertically oriented.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in NC View Post
It is most likely a Saginaw S.G. stock and not a Saginaw S'G' (Garand Rapids) stock since the SG marking runs horizontal and not vertically oriented.
Thanks for the info, I sent in an order for a Saginaw racker last week. Nice to know that I have the stock for it when it comes.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:40 PM

Hey Trickster - I think I'm going for the SG carbine. I'm still kind of torn between one of the premium brands vs the likes of the Standard Products or NPM. I currently already have a Rockola that I've had for 25+ years, so I'm looking for a shooter/backpacker.

What would be your preference as I'll be buying 2?
Next to me in the blackness lay my oiled blue steel beauty. The greatest Christmas gift I had ever received, or would ever receive. Gradually, I drifted off to sleep, pringing ducks on the wing and getting off spectacular hip shots.

Ralphie from "A Christmas Story"
Old 02-18-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls343 View Post
Hey Trickster - I think I'm going for the SG carbine. I'm still kind of torn between one of the premium brands vs the likes of the Standard Products or NPM. I currently already have a Rockola that I've had for 25+ years, so I'm looking for a shooter/backpacker.

What would be your preference as I'll be buying 2?
Just get one of each. Once I get my Saginaw, I will have one from each manufacture with the exception of Irwin Pedersen. If you are going to have more than one, Winchester is a must, just for the name.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:14 AM

Makes sense. Thanks, Trickster! I'll keep you posted...
Next to me in the blackness lay my oiled blue steel beauty. The greatest Christmas gift I had ever received, or would ever receive. Gradually, I drifted off to sleep, pringing ducks on the wing and getting off spectacular hip shots.

Ralphie from "A Christmas Story"