Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2009, 05:57 PM

Let her know you are buying a second one, then later just tell her that they are breeding!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th_AD_son View Post
Give her one of the sportscars and tell her you found 3 carbines in the boot...
How did you know they were English sports cars?
Old 10-30-2009, 06:29 PM

Store the rifles at the home of your mistress. Surely you have one of those along with all the other things your wife doesn't know about.
Bob
Old 10-30-2009, 06:58 PM

To be honest, my wife and I didn't keep secrets. As for my guns, she actually bought a couple of them for birthdays or Christmas. I asked her not to do that anymore because I know what I want.
To you guys out there who do lie and or keep secrets from you wife remember this, someday it will bite you. My wife died of lung cancer 4 years ago this month. I never did anything to her that I regret.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:23 PM

OK true story, a few weeks back my other half. (not married but we have lived together for years) sits down and says I think you are having a afair so I went thru all your E-mail accounts and phone records. (For the record there was no afair just a old female friend getting too friendly and I had to ask her to back off.) She says anything you want to admit i said nope did you find anything? She said no, well except for that $3500 carbine you bought when were you gonna tell me about that? I said i wasn't your just such a good detective. She apoplogized for going thru my stuff and I asked her if she wanted to see my new carbine.

Last edited by wfo87; 10-30-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:30 PM

Reasonable and educated to the real world.

I have never had to ask if I could buy another rifle. She trusts me to keep my habit under control and she has been educated to know their value, their purpose and has learned to shoot. She packs a pistol thru the concealed course we took on Feb 14th together.
She is an avid animal lover and was open minded enough to go on her first hunt 10 years ago and on the first day of her hunt, she bagged an 8 point buck with a 22 inch inside spread and an hour later, a turkey. We hunt every year now.
NO TRADES!!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAU View Post
Store the rifles at the home of your mistress. Surely you have one of those along with all the other things your wife doesn't know about.
Bob
Bob you got me, my mistress is the sea.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:33 PM

Start a tank collection. You can keep them in the Sherman.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo87 View Post
OK true story, a few weeks back my other half. (not married but we have lived together for years) sits down and says I think you are having a afair so I went thru all your E-mail accounts and phone records. (For the record there was no afair just a old female friend getting too friendly and I had to ask her to back off.) She says anything you want to admit i said nope did you find anything? She said no, well except for that $3500 carbine you bought when were you gonna tell me about that? I said i wasn't your just such a good detective. She apoplogized for going thru my stuff and I asked her if she wanted to see my new carbine.
WFO87...
I'm surprised nobody else has asked already
Where's the pictures of the $3,500.00 Carbine?
Roy
Old 10-30-2009, 11:42 PM

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...1313231000.jpg
Sorry not from the CMP,but needed one for my collection. And Frederick I am truly sorry you lost a good woman.

Last edited by wfo87; 10-30-2009 at 11:47 PM.