Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Great Lakes > Ohio
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2009, 12:18 PM

Default good place to shoot.

i live in Warren county, Ohio. just north of Cincinnati, are there any good places to shoot near here? the state range is not to far from here but i would like to shoot my carbine and garand a couple of times without having to have a noticible pause between rounds!!
Old 11-01-2009, 04:27 PM

Rick,
I'm down in Harrison and there really isn't a whole lot. There are a few private ranges I can think of. There is Fairfield Sportsman's ******'n on River Road in New Baltimore (Western Hamilton County, near Rumpke Softball Fields if you know where that is) I used to belong there but let it lapse when they were re-doing their rifle range. Thanks to idiots not being able to control themselves and their rounds they now have only 100 yds for rifle and this is off a bench through a device that does not let you elevate the rifle above the berm. The other is Miami Rifle and Pistol Club I believe it is called. I think this one is around Milford or thereabouts. From what I hear they have long distance ranges (maybe out to 1,000 yds?) Cant really remember. Never been there myself but have talked to people that belong. I work for the Sheriff's Office here in Hamilton County so I can get most of my 100 yd shooting in there on off days. hope this helps.

Tim
Old 11-01-2009, 05:45 PM

Thanks for the info, i do maintenance and electrical work for the Warren County sherrif's dept. I am going to look into the Middletown sportsmans club. Heard anything about them?
Old 11-02-2009, 08:19 AM

Rick;

Nope; I have not heard anything about them. A retired Sergeant of ours belongs to both of the clubs I mentioned and that's where I got the info on them.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:49 AM

Rick;
Miami Rifle & Pistol Club has several ranges for rifles and for pistols. Out to 600 yds for rifles. Check out the web site http://www.miamirifle-pistol.org/. Matches are open to the public and something is going on almost every weekend so you can drop by and check the place out. Hope this helps.

MARK
Old 12-31-2009, 09:45 PM

Rick Middletown'S club is good, they have out to 200 yd. But right now their having some problems, there is about to be a big fight about range fee's. It's a great place I hope to continue to shoot there myself.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:08 AM

If you want to do some competitive shooting, then Miami R&PC is probably the best place since they have a 600 yard range and host regular service rifle practices and matches.

Clinton County Farmers and Sportsman's Association near Wilmington is another option. (http://www.ccfsa.com/) I'm a new member there. I'm in Maineville, and it's about 20 min. from my house. They have simple 200, 100, 50, 25 yard ranges and a good low-hassle attitude.