Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobisley1 View Post
I hope mine and my Dads were not sent to the reject pile because of #3.

I'm a JR, so same name as my father, except he now goes by his middle name (so the return label had his middle name), but we have the same full name on official documents. Also, I'm using the same address as him while I'm having my house built, to add to the confusion.

We did send them in separate envelopes, mailed on the 4th, so if the envelopes are opened then they would see it is two people that differ in age by 31 yrs.

Y'all definitely have your hands full. Thank you for your efforts, and making us happy with our ordered gifts over the years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link Appleyard View Post
Similar to Broncobisley, my 2 sons and I are sending our packets today (separate envelopes) my oldest son is “Jr” and we all have same address. But closer examination will reflect different ages, SS#, phone and email. All required documentation is provided, just hoping all goes well.
I have a feeling that, because of American naming conventions, this will be common for many submissions.

However a cursory glance at the front page of the order form will show different Social Security Numbers (if submitted), that will be backed by most, if not all, of the substantiating documents.

The CMP, and CMP1911admin, are not trying to be petty, just to be as fair as the law allows.

"Life is Good!"
Old 09-18-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobisley1 View Post
I hope mine and my Dads were not sent to the reject pile because of #3.

I'm a JR, so same name as my father, except he now goes by his middle name (so the return label had his middle name), but we have the same full name on official documents. Also, I'm using the same address as him while I'm having my house built, to add to the confusion.

We did send them in separate envelopes, mailed on the 4th, so if the envelopes are opened then they would see it is two people that differ in age by 31 yrs.

Y'all definitely have your hands full. Thank you for your efforts, and making us happy with our ordered gifts over the years.
As long as your SS# and other data is not all the same for the 2 packets you should be fine. They stated that they had instances in the early packets where an individual sent 2 separate packets with 1 using the middle name but all other data was identical.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinplater611 View Post
As long as your SS# and other data is not all the same for the 2 packets you should be fine. They stated that they had instances in the early packets where an individual sent 2 separate packets with 1 using the middle name but all other data was identical.
Ah..

I didn't think they were opening packets, and took it that they might just be going off of a cursory examination of return addresses.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:23 AM

after reading everything here I don'd remember if I included my drivers license. Since my passport is included and my address is on the form will my packet be rejected? Thanks
Old 09-19-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillh View Post
after reading everything here I don'd remember if I included my drivers license. Since my passport is included and my address is on the form will my packet be rejected? Thanks
You should be fine. The purpose of the notary is to verify that the info on the forms is correct.

Reading these forums can make you question your life choices. Itís madness at times.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
form 4A

it specifically states that a passport is good - I didn't see where a drivers license is required
Old 09-19-2018, 09:39 AM

Why would this be of concern? A drivers license is proof of age but not citizenship, a passport includes both which is what the CMP is asking for.

Quote:
Old 09-19-2018, 09:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by weimar_police View Post
form 4A

it specifically states that a passport is good - I didn't see where a drivers license is required
I think this posting has set off the DL question......
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....hlight=drivers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Yes send a copy of DL.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvergoat View Post
You should be fine. The purpose of the notary is to verify that the info on the forms is correct.
Reading these forums can make you question your life choices. Itís madness at times.
That's not so, at all. The notary has no way of verifying whether the information on the forms is correct. The notary's purpose in only to verify that you, the signer, are actually who you say you are. When I got my Form 2A notarized I didn't even have the other forms with me.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:18 PM

How can I know if my packet was accepted? I would like to resubmit it if I left something out. Oh and can I resubmit before the dead line? Or am I just out of it for messing up, if I did?
Thanks