Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-18-2018, 06:48 AM
steelap steelap is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North AL
Posts: 5,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobisley1 View Post
I hope mine and my Dads were not sent to the reject pile because of #3.

I'm a JR, so same name as my father, except he now goes by his middle name (so the return label had his middle name), but we have the same full name on official documents. Also, I'm using the same address as him while I'm having my house built, to add to the confusion.

We did send them in separate envelopes, mailed on the 4th, so if the envelopes are opened then they would see it is two people that differ in age by 31 yrs.

Y'all definitely have your hands full. Thank you for your efforts, and making us happy with our ordered gifts over the years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link Appleyard View Post
Similar to Broncobisley, my 2 sons and I are sending our packets today (separate envelopes) my oldest son is “Jr” and we all have same address. But closer examination will reflect different ages, SS#, phone and email. All required documentation is provided, just hoping all goes well.
I have a feeling that, because of American naming conventions, this will be common for many submissions.

However a cursory glance at the front page of the order form will show different Social Security Numbers (if submitted), that will be backed by most, if not all, of the substantiating documents.

The CMP, and CMP1911admin, are not trying to be petty, just to be as fair as the law allows.

"Life is Good!"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-18-2018, 08:12 AM
tinplater611 tinplater611 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobisley1 View Post
I hope mine and my Dads were not sent to the reject pile because of #3.

I'm a JR, so same name as my father, except he now goes by his middle name (so the return label had his middle name), but we have the same full name on official documents. Also, I'm using the same address as him while I'm having my house built, to add to the confusion.

We did send them in separate envelopes, mailed on the 4th, so if the envelopes are opened then they would see it is two people that differ in age by 31 yrs.

Y'all definitely have your hands full. Thank you for your efforts, and making us happy with our ordered gifts over the years.
As long as your SS# and other data is not all the same for the 2 packets you should be fine. They stated that they had instances in the early packets where an individual sent 2 separate packets with 1 using the middle name but all other data was identical.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-18-2018, 08:28 PM
broncobisley1 broncobisley1 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinplater611 View Post
As long as your SS# and other data is not all the same for the 2 packets you should be fine. They stated that they had instances in the early packets where an individual sent 2 separate packets with 1 using the middle name but all other data was identical.
Ah..

I didn't think they were opening packets, and took it that they might just be going off of a cursory examination of return addresses.

Thanks for the clarification.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-19-2018, 09:23 AM
mrbillh mrbillh is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 29
Default

after reading everything here I don'd remember if I included my drivers license. Since my passport is included and my address is on the form will my packet be rejected? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-19-2018, 09:36 AM
Quicksilvergoat Quicksilvergoat is online now
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: DFW Metroplex
Posts: 595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillh View Post
after reading everything here I don'd remember if I included my drivers license. Since my passport is included and my address is on the form will my packet be rejected? Thanks
You should be fine. The purpose of the notary is to verify that the info on the forms is correct.

Reading these forums can make you question your life choices. Itís madness at times.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-19-2018, 09:38 AM
weimar_police weimar_police is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Near Spokane, WA
Posts: 2,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillh View Post
after reading everything here I don'd remember if I included my drivers license. Since my passport is included and my address is on the form will my packet be rejected? Thanks
form 4A

it specifically states that a passport is good - I didn't see where a drivers license is required
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-19-2018, 09:39 AM
cea1 cea1 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Helena, MT
Posts: 26
Default

Why would this be of concern? A drivers license is proof of age but not citizenship, a passport includes both which is what the CMP is asking for.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillh View Post
after reading everything here I don'd remember if I included my drivers license. Since my passport is included and my address is on the form will my packet be rejected? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-19-2018, 09:50 AM
Shomway Shomway is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,031
Send a message via AIM to Shomway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weimar_police View Post
form 4A

it specifically states that a passport is good - I didn't see where a drivers license is required
I think this posting has set off the DL question......
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....hlight=drivers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Yes send a copy of DL.
__________________
31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-19-2018, 10:44 AM
rapid86 rapid86 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NE
Posts: 764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvergoat View Post
You should be fine. The purpose of the notary is to verify that the info on the forms is correct.
Reading these forums can make you question your life choices. Itís madness at times.
That's not so, at all. The notary has no way of verifying whether the information on the forms is correct. The notary's purpose in only to verify that you, the signer, are actually who you say you are. When I got my Form 2A notarized I didn't even have the other forms with me.
__________________
Wise men debate public policy, fools decide it. -- Anacharsis
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-22-2018, 12:18 PM
buck280 buck280 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 407
Default

How can I know if my packet was accepted? I would like to resubmit it if I left something out. Oh and can I resubmit before the dead line? Or am I just out of it for messing up, if I did?
Thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.