Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 06:39 AM

what did he do?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:33 AM

It would appear he has a bunch of m14 bolts FS here, sold 1 to Hvyjet 10/1/13 and has had no contact...cashed the ck...if this guy fails to respond he needs to be noted as a fraud via the Moderator sticky at the beginning of the forum and removed from ability to sell. I ran into a similar deal last month on GB with a 1886 winchester stock..cashed ck, no contact for 6 weeks short story long guy was in ICU for 3 weeks, GB was the last thing on his mind as he about bought the farm from a cardiac issue...ended up sending the stock and I removed the bad rating I gave him. I noted several months back the seller in question screwed someone on another deal....world is full of scumbags...yet in all the deals ive done the stock was the only hick-up and that worked out.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:43 AM

And the guys still logs onto the forum dailey so he has no excuse
Old 10-24-2013, 08:32 AM

U.S. Federal
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
http://www.ftc.gov/video-library/ind.../1402334828001
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1
FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)

us postal inspectors
Old 10-28-2013, 08:38 PM

Here's the deal guys, since he wants to publicly out me about this. I sold him a bolt back when I had a few. He was not happy with said bolt, so I tried to make it right with him and offered him a NIW TRW bolt to try and make good on the deal. I send it to him, and he then PMs me and says he never got it. I track the package, and for some reason it went from Arizona to Pennsylvania or something like that on the west coast. I called him on the phone and let him know what was going on, and he agreed that it was weird that the package would go halfway around the US to come back to him in TX. He then PMs me the next day and says that he tracked the package and it was delivered to him a day or two later. Fast forward 2+ weeks. I get a PM from him saying that he just now opened the box because he was out of town, and there are different parts in the box than what I sent him. I tell him this is impossible, because his is the only package I sent out, so there is no way for me to confuse other parts with his, on top of the fact that I never had the parts that he received to begin with.He sent the parts back to me, and is adamant that I sent him the wrong package, so I offer him the original bolt back that I sent him and he returned, of course at my loss, and no response. I lost a $300+ bolt, and I sent him the bolt anyways, and a few days later I get a message from the moderator asking me what had happened. I explained it all to him, and he said that I had taken care of the issue. So now i'm out $300+ dollars and this guys i trying to ruin my rep here on the forum. I have all the PMs to back up my story, and if you guys want to see them I will post them, but I will give HvyJet a chance first to let this go.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:42 PM
Banned

I hope 7.62 is doing well. Have read a lotta bad press. But we Ned to support M1a guys. Tried to talk to M1a guy big on correcting scope mounts, and parts, at CP. I had purchased from him before. He was more interested in talking to Skirt across room. Was putting together M1a scout at time. Bought parts from everyone but him. Never again from him.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:09 PM

Please don't confuse me with Chris from 7.62 firearms, that is not me.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:36 PM

Post up the message traffic. Both parties should have done that in the beginning.

Sad to say, but this place needs to adopt the feedback policy used at AR15.com. Post feedback, post a thread with all message traffic. Anybody can weigh in jury-of-peers style and a moderator has a look at the result. If the mods aren't satisfied with your due diligence they can throw you off the board at the IP level. Permanently. If somebody develops a habit of fraud here I dare say that should extend to CMP buying privileges in certain circumstances. Mail fraud is bad; firearm fraud is nuts.

That said, I have never had a problem buying or selling with anyone on this forum. That the vast majority of posters seem quite a bit more mature in both years and temperament than the AR boys may have something to do with it.

In this case it is impossible for anyone to offer anything constructive without more information.

ETA--and what the heck happened to the rule about having 50+ posts before selling on this forum? I don't mean that as a put down or accusation toward SevenSixTwo, but it did throw up a barrier to people walking in just to scam with a post or two and breezing out. I thought that was a pretty solid idea.

Last edited by ShaveTail; 10-30-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaveTail View Post
ETA--and what the heck happened to the rule about having 50+ posts before selling on this forum? I don't mean that as a put down or accusation toward SevenSixTwo, but it did throw up a barrier to people walking in just to scam with a post or two and breezing out. I thought that was a pretty solid idea.
There are a number of common sense rules I'd like to see applied to the sales section.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:32 PM

I have not seen a reply since SevenSixTwo made his rebuttal to the accusations and If what he says is correct and not refuted, then I say he did the best he could do without allowing himself to be steam rolled into an excessive loss. Can his detractor refute his statements?
C&R 03 FFL holder
Please leave feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=133760
Closed Thread