Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 10:40 AM

HvyJet has been on a couple days since sevensixtwo responded, yet no word from him.

Perhaps the moderators should "help" once again by nuking this thread.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:51 PM

I stand behind what I wrote at the link below as the truth and BOTH he and I know that it is so.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=113124

As for his statement in his above response of sending me the Original, worn out, roller missing bolt, NEVER got it.

SevenSixTwo said:
"so I offer him the original bolt back that I sent him and he returned, of course at my loss, and no response. I lost a $300+ bolt, and I sent him the bolt anyways,"

Take a look over at the M14 board and a thread about a purchase made there, guy buys a scope but, what shows up in the box is a bunch of tools. The seller can then say:"well I have tracking information and proof I sent him a package"

"HE is the one who has it wrong".......hmmmm?

"He said, She said" ?

http://m14forum.com/geedunk/148367-mail-fraud-bx.html

Post #12 covers it....

250 bucks is a lot of money to some and even more money to others, but to cheat someone for any amount is not what I do. Every morning I look in the mirror and I m happy with who I see and so are a lot of other people I do business with, that is how I pay my bills.

I spoke to both Paypal and my credit card company describing this scenario, both of them said I would have been protected and more than likely refunded my purchase price if I had used one of them. Going forward I will never make a purchase again without this protection, or so I say.
As a seller I do not see the downside to not accepting Paypal, in these days of fraud becoming increasingly more prevalent it lends a level of credibility in my eyes.

The 30 or 50 post rule does not really qualify you as a good guy in my book, sure a single post raises an eye brow but fall back to rule #1, use Paypal or a credit card. In this case, a PayPal fee of $7.50 would more than likely protected me,,,,,,,,not really all that much considering the cost of this hobby..

YMMV

Old 11-01-2013, 03:24 PM

I understand your point very well HvyJet and see both points of view. Its just a shame these things happen, but I always either check and see if they have the CMP logo under their name or I ask for other members on this board to give a reference or I will not buy form them. I am one ot the people who were ripped of by the Gamby Colorado guy so I play it as smart as i can now. I have never ever been ripped of by a CMP member and don't think I ever will, these are a great bunch of guys. I've lost a package in the mail once and a member thought I had ripped him off. The package was returned to me in the mail almost a month or maybe more later and I contacted him and resent it. I felt extremely bad about it. I know what the other end of the spectrum feels like. Here's hopping you never have a problem again. Best of luck
C&R 03 FFL holder
Please leave feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=133760
Old 11-01-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HvyJet View Post
"He said, She said" ?
Pretty much the view from the cheap seats. I would find it odd/unlikely that he would single out one of the 8 or so transactions he's had to purposefully screw over someone. You say you received neither the NIW TRW nor the returned stripped bolt?
Old 11-01-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HvyJet View Post
I stand behind what I wrote at the link below as the truth and BOTH he and I know that it is so.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=113124

As for his statement in his above response of sending me the Original, worn out, roller missing bolt, NEVER got it.

SevenSixTwo said:
"so I offer him the original bolt back that I sent him and he returned, of course at my loss, and no response. I lost a $300+ bolt, and I sent him the bolt anyways,"

Take a look over at the M14 board and a thread about a purchase made there, guy buys a scope but, what shows up in the box is a bunch of tools. The seller can then say:"well I have tracking information and proof I sent him a package"

"HE is the one who has it wrong".......hmmmm?

"He said, She said" ?

http://m14forum.com/geedunk/148367-mail-fraud-bx.html

Post #12 covers it....

250 bucks is a lot of money to some and even more money to others, but to cheat someone for any amount is not what I do. Every morning I look in the mirror and I m happy with who I see and so are a lot of other people I do business with, that is how I pay my bills.

I spoke to both Paypal and my credit card company describing this scenario, both of them said I would have been protected and more than likely refunded my purchase price if I had used one of them. Going forward I will never make a purchase again without this protection, or so I say.
As a seller I do not see the downside to not accepting Paypal, in these days of fraud becoming increasingly more prevalent it lends a level of credibility in my eyes.

The 30 or 50 post rule does not really qualify you as a good guy in my book, sure a single post raises an eye brow but fall back to rule #1, use Paypal or a credit card. In this case, a PayPal fee of $7.50 would more than likely protected me,,,,,,,,not really all that much considering the cost of this hobby..

YMMV

THIS guy is the box of tools guy?? Wow.

50 positive iTrader ratings before iTrader was axed.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cops504 View Post
I understand your point very well HvyJet and see both points of view. Its just a shame these things happen, but I always either check and see if they have the CMP logo under their name or I ask for other members on this board to give a reference or I will not buy form them. I am one ot the people who were ripped of by the Gamby Colorado guy so I play it as smart as i can now. I have never ever been ripped of by a CMP member and don't think I ever will, these are a great bunch of guys. I've lost a package in the mail once and a member thought I had ripped him off. The package was returned to me in the mail almost a month or maybe more later and I contacted him and resent it. I felt extremely bad about it. I know what the other end of the spectrum feels like. Here's hopping you never have a problem again. Best of luck
I thought they didnt put the CMP logo under names anymore?
Old 11-02-2013, 10:24 AM

Late last year I asked the Moderator to have "CMP Customer" added to my profile, but was told that they don't do this anymore due to time constraints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansirem Hunter View Post
I thought they didnt put the CMP logo under names anymore?
Old 11-02-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garandfunk View Post
THIS guy is the box of tools guy?? Wow.
Hvy doesn't say it is the same guy, he just compares the two scenarios without clarification. That could be thought of as a little shady.

Last edited by MescalitoG; 11-02-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
Late last year I asked the Moderator to have "CMP Customer" added to my profile, but was told that they don't do this anymore due to time constraints.
And in addition, the "CMP Customer" is slowly being removed from the profiles that do have it.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MescalitoG View Post
Hvy doesn't say it is the same guy, he just compares the two scenarios without clarification. That could be thought of as a little shady.
+1

Posting of something unrelated is not evidence.
Closed Thread