X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chas100
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by hebes405 View Post
    There is going to be a pearl harbor match at Youngstown rifle club next Sunday. You should attend. Great match for a good cause. The guys at Y-town put on one of the finest walk and paste (no cart needed, covered firing points) matches I've ever attended.
    https://www.youngstownrifleandpistolclub.org/

Great networking opportunity to find gear and get some shooting in
    Thank You for the competition information !! We have plans for next weekend and I will be out of town. 97 days until retirement and looking forward to more range and competitive shooting time.

Thanks again
    Chas

Comment

• arn
      • Dec 2015

Here is my old work horse. Cheap and effective. Harbor freight dolly, atv rifle racks(holds 2 rifles for 2 match days)
      All range gear has a place, spotting scope, mat, coat. My Creedmoor deluxe stool hangs on a hook and holds all the little stuff. Also an umbrella onboard for rain or shade. Cooler for lunch, snacks and drinks also makes a nice seat in the pits, stows in under stool. You can throw a small pack on the cooler if you need to haul anything else.
      The whole cart can be covered with a usgi poncho & secured with bungies.
      I've had it for about 4 years now, tweeked things, added stuff, removed items. It works for me.
      Survived the Viale death March 19,21,22.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Chas100
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by arn View Post
        Here is my old work horse. Cheap and effective. Harbor freight dolly, atv rifle racks(holds 2 rifles for 2 match days)
        All range gear has a place, spotting scope, mat, coat. My Creedmoor deluxe stool hangs on a hook and holds all the little stuff. Also an umbrella onboard for rain or shade. Cooler for lunch, snacks and drinks also makes a nice seat in the pits, stows in under stool. You can throw a small pack on the cooler if you need to haul anything else.
        The whole cart can be covered with a usgi poncho & secured with bungies.
        I've had it for about 4 years now, tweeked things, added stuff, removed items. It works for me.
        Survived the Viale death March 19,21,22.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
        Thanks for the pics !! I have an older golf pull cart that I’m going to modify to try and make work.
        Chas

Comment

• USriflecal30
          • Dec 2017

This is from 5 years ago at Talladega. I still use it. Used baby jogger with large wheels (tubed). Carries EVERYTHING easily. I think in this picture I took 4, maybe 5 rifles, but no scope. It's not the "best" for across the course type shooting since I have to take everything on/off, but it's a hell of a lot better for shlepping the 1 mile+ walk to the 200 yard line at Viale than a typical shooting cart. You don't have to "hold" onto a three or four wheel transport all the time. For shorter transports like at Talladega I can carry all four rifles for a complete day of 4 GSMM matches. And it rolls easily across rough ground. For me it's been a great solution, I came up with it before I started shooting across the course, but it's perfectly acceptable for that too.

Last edited by USriflecal30; 02-11-2023, 08:49 AM.
          Master of Wood and Steel
          GCA Master Marksman #3

Comment

• lyman
            • Oct 2009

if you are in decent shape, drop you spotting scope to the bottom, place all your stuff in you stool, then, slide your rolled up mat down the pole, and put the pole thru the handles of the stool,
            rifle , slung over one shoulder, using the bipod (pole estended thru the handles) over the other shoulder, (let the stool swing at the end of your spotting scope poles) and walk to the nearest shuttle or hut,

easy peasy,

Comment

• Digital_Chaos
              • Oct 2009

you cant go wrong with the Creedmoor Sports carts.

Comment

• Chas100
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Digital_Chaos View Post
                you cant go wrong with the Creedmoor Sports carts.
                I purchased one of their shooting stool bags last year at the matches and I really like it. I’m going to try and make something first out of one of my old golf pull carts and see how it turns out but I really do like Creedmoor sports carts. My Granddaughter just turned 3 and doesn’t need her stroller anymore so if I can’t get the pull cart where I want it I can give the stroller a try.
                Chas

Comment

Working...
                X