Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2018, 11:08 AM

Default Unable to post attachments...

While I am able to post, I am not permitted to use attachments. I have tried contacting admin about this issue, but have received no reply. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks;

mhb - MIke
Old 10-25-2018, 11:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

What type of attachments.....pics?
Old 10-25-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhb View Post
While I am able to post, I am not permitted to use attachments. I have tried contacting admin about this issue, but have received no reply. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks;

mhb - MIke
Mike

I think it says that for everyone. The CMP does not host photos.

You can list links in your post. And also show images that are on a photo hosting site.

Try this: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=231194

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 10-25-2018, 11:45 AM

Default Shomway and Kansas:

Thanks for the responses. I'd like to post some photos, specifically relating to a thread begun by Redtail in the ammunition forum. I'm confused by the posting rules box, which makes it appear that attachments are possible, but not permitted (at least to me). Redtail's original post consisted solely of very large images, and there is no indication I can see of a link, so I had to believe such attachments can be made. I don't really want to use an image hosting site, and don't have to, in order to attach images on most of the other fora I participate in. If I can't do it simply, I'll pass...

Thanks;

mhb - MIke
Old 10-25-2018, 11:50 AM

You have to use a image hosting site.

Read my link above. It shows you how it is done.

The pictures you see in the forum use a image hosting site, but they post as a show image in the forum. Could also be just a link.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 10-25-2018, 11:58 AM

Here is a picture using just a link: https://i.imgur.com/ckNf8VKl.jpg

Using the img code the same picture shows on the thread.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:44 PM

Default Thanks again, Kansas...

But I think I'll just wait until the CMP forum catches up with the others, so that I can simply attach an image from my desktop.
And I'm still confused as to why the forum 'posting rules' gives all the options for posting that the other fora provide, including attachments, but states that I (anyone?) 'May Not' post such attachments.
Sigh...

mhb - MIke
Old 10-25-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
But I think I'll just wait until the CMP forum catches up with the others, so that I can simply attach an image from my desktop.
And I'm still confused as to why the forum 'posting rules' gives all the options for posting that the other fora provide, including attachments, but states that I (anyone?) 'May Not' post such attachments.
Sigh...

mhb - MIke
I believe they have stated in the past that they have no interest in hosting pictures and to do so would increase the costs of providing this forum, increased costs being something else they understandably have no interest in.

As for the posting rules listing that option, I believe a techie with knowledge of this type of forum posted in the past saying that it was an option hard programmed into this type of forum software. The program would need to be rewritten to remove the option. This would cost money that the CMP does not need/want to spend on non mission trivialities.

If you want more info I would recommend using the search feature to find the old threads on this topic.

GuapoPogi

Last edited by GuapoPogi; 10-26-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:12 PM

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=660
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell
Old 11-10-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Sigh...

mhb - MIke
There is no waiting sir. You are making this more complicated than needed.
Many forums host photos. They do so by paying for space to store those photos, files, attachments; whatever they allow.
Many forums, using this same software either do not wish to spend the money for storage or do mot want the distractions due to allowing advertising to pay for that storage.

This forum, like some others simply requires that you host the photos yourself. Itís complicated the first time, then itís just not a big deal.

Please note the lack of advertising coupled with the fact that CMP provides this forum for free.
Jh

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread