Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 10:02 AM

Default North Store report 20Sep12

Got there @ 1145. About 4-5 people there. Was looking for 1mil, a 2mil, and a 3 mil SA FGs. More on that later.
Plenty of SG Specials, didn't look at them as I was not looking for one, but a good selection for those who are. and they do look good.
WRA RGs. Says it all. Picked pretty hard. Some nice stamped recievers, not much more. Same with the WRA FGs. No WIN13s
Mann barreled recivers. There if you want one.
Two M1917s, one chrome and one white.
Krag bad barreled recievers. Don't recall the price($50?), good if you have parts. No complete rifles.
Drill rifles. Best thing I can say about them is it's a damn shame. First one I pick up was a well stamped 1.2 WRA. All had barrels welded shut, bolts welded closed, and barrels welded to recievers. Various amounts of welds. The WRA almost left with me. Almost(to be continued...)
HRA SGs. Found 2 with GI wood, the rest have CMP walnut or birch. Barrels ranged from 1 to 4 at the ends.
SA SGs. One partial rack. Some were Air Force returns with NM barrels. Most had CMP wood.
Barreled reciever with bolts. Get'em while you can. Best deal going. Found three 6 digits. All well stamped. Real good looking metal. Add your parts and put a CMP stock on one and you will have a fine looking new rifle.
HRA FGs. Good buys here. Many just with alot of HRA parts. Most have GI or other replacement wood. Most had good HRA barrels. Didn't see any LMR. Found one with HRA wood and parts except for the PO gas cyl screw.
M14 kits. Didn't see any. Some stocks were out.
SA FGs. The big story. Quite a few gems were out. Two 5.9s but with '54 barrels; a little too early to be original. Racks were full. I was mainly looking for GI wood and good looking metal. Found what I was looking for. Second rifle I picked up was a 3.3 with its 12/44 barrel. Metal was the nice grey/green park. Was a replacement stock; story on that when I post the pics. One down.
Number two was 1.5 with a '52 barrel. GI wood. Nicely stamped metal. Early -5SA trigger housing and -2SA hammer. I found out when I got home it has(what looks like to me) a WRA stock. Has the number 50 under the front ferrel, the WRA bigger radiused pistol grip, the pointed cutout at the back of the TH cutout, and a "RA-something" cartouche. Uncircled serrefed P. You see it was a cut down long channel stock. Will post pics later to verify.
Number 3. A 2.7 that has a narrow base gas cyl with the tightening cut, WRA trigger housing, WW2 GI wood, circled P with small ordinance stamp on pistol grip.
All three had post war replacement op rods. No numbers over 4 on the barrels.
There is good stuff to be found; ya just gotta look.
Daisy rebuilt air rifles. Two racks at $100 each. They looked almost new.
If you want to do any disassembly, it must be done at the carpeted counter. As usual, CMP staff was top notch.
Helped a few customers, grabbed some ammo, and back to the hotel for happy hour.
Please ask any questions as I'm sure I forgot something. Comments welcome.

Last edited by bob moore; 09-23-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:52 PM

Thanks for the report. Wish I was there.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:09 PM

Can't wait to see the pics Bob
Old 09-23-2012, 08:45 AM

There were WRA rack and field grades there too. Now I see they are listed as sold out.
I do think I should have grabbed that poor WRA drill rifle and bring it back to life.....
Update!
The WRA drill rifle paperwork is on its way to the North Store!

Last edited by bob moore; 09-25-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:18 PM

Thanks for the report I'm really wanting one of those 6 digit barreled receivers! Do you happen to know if the bolts are period correct to the receiver? I wish I lived closer. Anybody plan on making any trips over there or to the SS? If somebody was willing, I'd be grateful if they could pick one of them up for me

Last edited by Thomas1190; 09-24-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:05 AM

Thomas, some of the barreled receivers have -2SA and -12SA bolts. I picked up 679XXX with a -12SA bolt. The heat lot probably isn't correct. I also picked up 434XXX with a -19SA bolt. Since They have 50's vintage barrels it wasn't that important to me if the bolt was correct. I was more interested in the color of the park. They vary from dark charcoal gray to olive green. I'm a sucker for green. I had clip latches that matched and rear sights that were very close. The problem is you never know what will be in the rack on any given day. Many of the six digit receivers have great deep heel stamps. I really like them. I'll send you a PM later today. B-3-6